Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hello, Satan!



Top // Thrifted
Necklace // Some small store in Montauk
Skirt // H&M
Boots // H&M

Hello! It's been a while, this past week has be SO intense and stressful. 
Being as I work at such a kid friendly place, I had to work like 3x the amount of hours I do on a normal week, cause of the February Break. I could barely sleep, with me preparing for the NYC Feminist Zinefest, which was this past Saturday. I was working on getting ready for on that before my other job, then coming home and working some more, binding zines and such and making TONS of copies. It was out of control. I think I worked at least 15 hours everyday last week. 
But I did it! The zinefest was such a blast! It was my first, so I was a bit nervous, but more excited than anything else. I was so happy with how the day turned out, I was able to have 2 whole new zines for the fest. I met, traded and talked to so many cool folks, I actually traded this cute brooch with Amber from Fight Boredom, who is the sweetest. I also got a water color painting of myself in exchange for some zines. All the stuff I got fro  the fest were trades, I didn't really get a chance to take a look around, I was on my ass almost the entire time. Oh well..
My bestie Rhiannon from Bakerhi joined me and sold some of her amazing mint chocolate cookies, which were a huge hit to all the feminist zine fest go-ers and zinesters (check her blog for recipes and such!) 
I took a few pictures, but they were with my film hipster fish-eye camera, so I will be posting them when I get the film developed, along with all the stuff I accumulated through all the awesome trades I made.
Yesterday I had a well deserved day in bed watching all the TV I DVRed from last week that I missed out on. But today I'm back in business, making things and packing up those orders!

Feels good to be back to normal!
Until the next zinefest...
Love,
Midge


1 comment:

Jazz said...

Can't wait to see the pics!