Monday, March 5, 2012

Gone Thrifting 3/4







If you read my last post, you'll know that I made the best thrifting adventure in while yesterday. I found a new spot, and I'm smitten.
The housewares section was just aisles and endless aisles of everyone's grandmothers attic, aka my heaven.

I found these adorable mini vases that I put on the blue shelf that's in the background of most of my outfit pictures, I think they give a great pop of color (cliche term, but hey). I also found this heart bank, sad-fully sans-stopper but hey, it was a dollar. (I already have a piggy bank anyways..it's blue leopard print, because blue leopard print is the first thing you think of when you think of piggy banks, right?)

I also got two things in a fun print, this pencil skirt that looks adorable when its belted (gives a great kinda reverse peplum shape effect) and this 90's floral dress. Can't have enough of those. The purse was the last thing I picked up, and it is in pristine condition. Will be getting some good use out of this while going out painting the town red (pun intended) I also had the urge to buy a corny 50's record, and hell, I found it.. Hawaii In HIFI! I have yet to see if it even plays well or not...

Last but not least! The number one thing that made me laugh/smile the most (and the cheapest). This plaque. I mean come on. This is effing hilariously retro and amazing. I can just picture the little old lady the owned this prior to it making to the thrift store shelves. I wonder who gave it to her and why. It seems like the best cheesy gift from one cheesy lady to another. It just really makes me laugh. And it was 69 cents.

S'all for now.
Love,
Midge

No comments: