Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dress Surgery


Happy Saturday everyone! So, I bought this cute pink dress at the thrift store and realized when I got home that the top was way too big! I did one of those things where I tried it on in the aisle over my clothes, not a great way to judge if something fits.

So I did one of my first altering jobs...



Not too shabby! Are ya proud of me? I just cut chunks out of the armpit area, turned it in side out and stitched it right back up, while watching Ghostbusters in my underwear. It's still a bit wonky cause it's my first stab at it, but I'm sure I'll improve. I have a sewing machine ( from back when I had a sock monkey making addiction), it just needs a few fixes. I should alter and make more of my clothes, my wallet is awfully small for actual new threads!

Love,
Midge

4 comments:

Fashion babel said...

Midge, this is amazing!I'm pretty proud of you, even though I'm first time here, but I already like you!
And I just adore that Bikini Kill shirt you put on the previous post!
xo

Marjolein said...

awesomeee! i have a dress which is a little too big at the top, but i'm scared that i'll ruin it when i make it smaller... So i guess that i'll wait and hope my boobs will grow bigger ;)

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Good idea!

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Thankyou! Thats too sweet :)