Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Beloved Bookcase

I've been meaning to re-arrange my bookcase for a few days now. I want to showcase all of my knick knacks and my awesome taste in literature!

I got this bookcase from Target for like 10 bucks so it's ready to topple any moment. Re-arranging things on it was kinda scary, but I'll buy a new one once it actually gives out, haha!

It's obvious that I am obsessed with glasses! I painted this plate at my old job at the pottery studio.

My ceramic easter egg holder that I now use for my jewelry, along with the cigar box, and a bunch of cranes that my boyfriend made for me.


The middle shelf is my favorite, my scarf skull, some flowers and my copy of Ghost World.


I absolutely love this print. I thrifted the frame and it goes very nicely.

We can't forget my nunzilla wind up toy...when you wind her up she shoots sparks outta her mouth as she walks!
That camera used to be my dad's. I think it still works for I have yet to figure it out, some day!
Love,
Midge

6 comments:

Sonya said...

You have FANTASTIC taste in books, which doesn't surprise me at all. The fact that we seem to like the same books makes me think maybe I'm a little cooler than I thought. Hahah

Fiona said...

I do love an artfully arranged bookcase...unfortunately, it looks like I'll be ditching mine pretty soon and replacing it with a plain old chest of drawers. I guess it just means I'll have to artfully scatter some impressive volumes on whatever free surfaces are available.

http://gammacamera.blogspot.co.uk

Mandy said...

Love this shelf! I love the easter egg holder for jewelry and skull for scarves! That's brilliant!

Ghost World is such a wonderful favorite. I love your style xoxo
www.mandatorycreations.blogspot.com

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails said...

i love your glasses stand and skull holder. i use my bookshelves more as displays too

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Meg said...

Using that cute retro egg holder as a jewelry holder is brilliant! Xo
megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

prinsessmeerkaas said...

Funny, the first thing I thought when I saw a picture of you is that you look like Enid from Ghost World. That must be a good thing :).