Friday, September 28, 2012

Where's the Funeral?




 Dress// H&M (another one from Mom's closet)
Shoes// Liz Claiborne
Necklace// Vintage via Grandma
Belt// Anthro


Don't worry, noone died. I wonder is anyone has ever done a style post before they go to a funeral, like a post on funeral wear. I can't tell if that would be tacky or hilarious.

Tonight my parents are taking me and my aunt uncle out to a classy din din in the city! So I thought a basic black look would be best for a chic restaurant. The other day I realized that I didn't own any basic black dressy shoes. I have no idea how I let that happen (probably cause I wear my moms shoes all the time), but I took a drive down to DSW and picked these up. I can't be happier with them, they are super comfortable (I mean it..usually when people say heels are comfortable means "they're not THAT bad") and I love that they're Maryjanes. I need a little extra quirky detail for them to work for me.

I've been having a great week with them visiting, they are so much fun to be around. I never get to see my Aunt Gloria and she's such a great lady, and she's one of those people that when you're around them you're just constantly laughing.

It's almost time to go so smell ya later!

Love,
Midge

13 comments:

Rae said...

I love the look :) The dress is super pretty!

Emma said...

Are those tights small fishnets? It might be the camera or my computer screen, but I swear i can see the little patterns.

I was sort of hoping this would be a hilarious post about funeral wear, but I shouldn't be surprised that it's not. You look very stylish and fancy-restaurant-ish!

alex said...

I love your room, it makes your pictures even cuter! Love the dress!

Louise.Amabilis said...

oh...I think I may need to take a trip to DSW!

Pony Chops said...

Looking lovely! And when you find a pair of comfy heels, never let them go! I managed to buy some amazingly comfy ones from marks and spencers and I wish i'd bought a lifetime supply of them now.

Lexie said...

This is so weird that you posted this yesterday because, True Story: yesterday, I did go to a funeral (no worries, it was a distant relative) and I was thinking to myself "Wouldn't it be wrong if I did a post on what I wore to this?" Ahh, the world is full of weird coincidences. Love those shoes, btw.

Sarah Mcdougal said...

You are gorgeous! I love your blog. I'm a new follower and was hoping that you'd like to return the favor. Go to: www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com, read me, and follow if you like what you read! That'd be AMAZING!!

Positively,
Sarah

Aayla @ mypaintedbird.blogspot.com said...

You, and your outfit, are both adorable but I also just LOVE your paint! My bedroom growing up was that color and I miss it (can't get the beau to swing for it now).

My Painted Bird

Stephanie said...

Black is always chic! And maryjanes are so great. I fear I'll wear mine in and not be able to find a new pair.

Gabi said...

Ahh, just found your blog and I may now be in love! You ARE Enid Coleslaw but just better.

Now excuse me while I go stalk all your archives!



PIXIEandPIXIER

Modern Girl Blitz said...

They are fishnets, haha

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Awesome, thanks! Now following :)

Modern Girl Blitz said...

haha thank you, dear!