Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Guest Post Recipe // Chantal of Ponychops!


Hi Guys! I'm Chantal and I blog over at PonyChops where I often post about my own artwork, fashion, animals and food. Midge has very kindly offered to let me do a guest post here! So I thought I'd give you a little sample of the kind of creative recipes I usually share on my blog, but with a bit of a halloween twist.

I want to introduce you to my Wicked Swamp Smoothie. Complete with frog spawn and algae.
Did you hate eating vegetables when you were a kid? I did. My mum would have to trick me and tell me they were something gross like witches snot to get me to eat them. That's where I came up with this idea. A completely revolting looking & delicious Halloweeny drink that is bound to make anyone curious enough to drink it. And I promise you can't even taste the spinach! 


To make it into a cocktail add a shot (or two) of your favourite spirit. I recommend blue curacao.

What you will need (serves 2-3):
1/2 cup quick cook tapioca pearls

2 tbsp agave or honey 
1.5 cups green jello (already prepared)
1 cup frozen spinach
1 banana
1 cup orange juice

Method:  
1. Boil 5 cups of water in a saucepan. Once boiled add the tapioca pearls & stir gently. When the tapioca pearls fatten up cover the saucepan and leave to simmer for 5 mins. For none quick cook tapioca pearls follow instructions on packet.
 

2. Once the tapioca pearls are cooked, drain them & mix with 2 tablespoons agave and 2 tablespoons hot water. Leave to cool

3. Once the pearls are cool. Blend the frozen spinach, banana and orange juice until smooth using a blender or smoothie maker.

4. Divide the tapioca pearls between each glass, this forms the "frog spawn". Then top with the green jello to about 2/3 of the glass.

5. Finally, top it with your spinach smoothie "algae". Add some large bubble tea straws and you're ready to drink your yummy pond water! Enjoy!



1 comment:

Lesley Jean said...

These look amazing!!