Monday, December 31, 2012

Vampy New Year

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Dress// Modcloth
Belt// Target
Shoes// Liz Claibourne 


Photobucket

Happy New Year! I always love to have alot of fun with my make up on NYE, it one of those nights where the more outrageous the better. So why not draw a heart on my face? Later I'm going to be using my glittery hairspray, too. And glitter on my face. Glitter everywhere, it's New years!

I usually don't set resolutions for myself, cause I feel like its just a way to set myself up for disappointment, being as its kind of hard to keep yourself in check with personal resolutions. Maybe this year will be different, being as I'm self employed now, I can set a resolution that has something to do with improving my way of work, which would be easy to keep up for me cause I'm pretty dedicated to my work. But I still haven't thought of anything. Oh well. Last year starting this blog was sort of a New years resolution, being as I started it in the beginning of January 2012. It was kind of a resolution to improve my self confidence and happiness in my own skin, and I though setting up a style blog would be a good way to express that, and i think its going pretty well!

For the hell of it is went all the way back to my first post on here and a lot of the goals I set for myself have come true, and it's pretty awesome. So maybe I take back that thing I said about resolutions being a disappointment set up. Maybe my resolution should be to stop doubting myself! I do that a lot.

Tonight I'm going to a friend's party in the city, which is a bit different for us cause for the past 4 years we've been going to these trendy warehouse parties in Brooklyn, but I think I might like a regular house party better anyway. No crazy admission fee, or hour long coat check lines. Or creeps on way too many drugs. I digress. I'm pumped for 2013, see ya then!

Love,
Midge

11 comments:

Cami said...

wow your dress is amazing!

Laura Hooper said...

I love that dress! The skirt bit of it is so pretty!

Have fun tonight at your NYE party xx

http://brightanddandy.blogspot.com

FiveDimesForNineLives said...

Love the heart on your cheek!

http://five-dimes-for-9-lives.blogspot.com

Miss Iffa said...

Wow! You are so beautiful! I love your sense of style, it reminds of Tavi Gevinson and Rookie mag. I actually found your blog through your Etsy store. I ordered a mystery blitz bag and I'm super excited for it to arrive! I found your store through googling "feminist merchandise", is that a little weird? Haha! I love reading blogs by feminists, it's beautiful to see how versatile feminism is to every woman in her own individual way :)

www.missiffa.com

Ida Ayu Melati said...

happy new year too dear!

Louise.Amabilis said...

Hope you had fun! That dress is gorgeous, it's awesome that so many of the things you wanted to accomplish this past year have worked out for you, hope 2013 is just as good to you!

xo
Alex

Tessyrella said...

Dear Midge,
We came by to fuck you, but you were not home. Therefore, you are gay.
Signed,
Tiffany & Amber

Emily said...

You look so lovely! and i agree about house parties being much easier, i find its much nicer to hang with friends and have a relaxing time on new years :)

Benlovesting said...

You look so awesome! x

Jessica W said...

You're too gorgeous.
I'm glad blogging is helping boost your confidence and such, because you're totally rad and deserve to be confident :)))

The Lovelorn

Pony Chops said...

Happy New Year! This is such a gorgeous outfit <3