Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pathetic Sick Day First Post of 2013

Photobucket

Every New Year I come down with the cold from hell. It's true, every January, like on the dot. I hate that my first post of 2013 is announcing that I'm sick as a dog and have been in my Pajamas since Sunday, and that it's 1:40pm and I just managed to drag myself to my desk. So yup, this is my pathetic first post of 2013. Because it's a new year, I have SO MANY new ideas on the horizon. I got a new toy that I'll be using to make a new product for my store (I don't wanna say just yet!) but I know that everyone is gonna love it.
Yesterday I went to CVS in search of the hardcore cough medicine that you need ID to buy, but no luck. Being as I only get this sick once a year, it really hits me. The upside is that I have an amazing excuse to be a lazy TV watching lump.
Because of all the hype surrounding it, and being told by multiple friends that I need to watch it, I've gotten sucked into the phenomenon that is Twin Peaks. And let me tell you, I am totally obsessed. I just started watching it last week, and I only have like 8 episodes left. I think it really lives up to the hype. I mean awesome lumberjack fashion and kooky David Lynch weirdness and a young and hunky Kyle Maclauglan? Count me in. When I'm done watching it I'm totally gonna have to make some Log Lady buttons. I love log lady.
So even though I have my dream job, I'm going to milk this cold for all its worth and cuddle up in my arm chair and partake in my latest obsession. And it's kinda awesome. I'm really good at looking on the bright side of things. I do have outfit pictures from right before new years that I have yet to post, so I will soon. So that's something.

Love,
Midge

7 comments:

Tessyrella said...

I am sorry to hear you are sick! My boyfriend and my son are both sick-and having a sick 29 year old and 7 month old at the same time isn't fun! Keeping a good attitude is the key to feeling better so you are on the right track! Feel better soon!
-Tess @ Not Without my Glasses

Nebulainbloom said...

Bummer about being sick.. it seems like everyone has been sick these last couple of weeks. Here's to a speedy recovery!
I have also been wanting to watch Twin Peaks. Pretty sure it's a need now.

Emily said...

I hope you get better soon! Thats the annoying thing about winter. Eat lots of oranges :)

Samantha-Anne said...

Looking forward to seeing some Log Lady pins! :)

Enid Twiglet said...

Special Agent Dale Cooper is sooooooooooooooo dreamy. Hope you feel better soon x

http://enidtwiglet.blogspot.com.au/

Flys in a Peach can said...

I have been trying so hard to stay away from getting obsessed to twin peek, but i guess i'm do to for it haha. I'm glad you are looking on the bright side to your sickness :D I hope you get better.

Typical 90's child... said...

I haven't watched Twin Peaks since I was really young, back then I never got into it, it just happened to be on after X-files...maybe I should give it another chance now that I'm older, so excited to see what your new toy is! Hope you feel better soon!

xo
Alex