Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Somewhat of a Gratitude Post

Photobucket So, I've been in an obscenely good mood these past few days. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY (actually I do). But I'm not going to question it. I think it may be just a general satisfaction with my life at this point in time. I guess maybe because I'm a very nostalgic person, looking through blog posts from about a year ago, just to see how I've grown as a person and to see how my photo skillz have improved. Then I just noticed how I seemed real thrilled in a lot of those posts from like last Spring but I really wasn't at all. I was so confused with what I wanted to do with my life, when I had a real design job in the city which seemed so awesome on the outside but I really, really hated it. Like, miserably. Along with half of my living space being completely renovated, I just felt like my whole world was turned upside down. I know these seem like pretty petty problems, but I really did just feel like utter shit.  I didn't want to post about how much I hated my job on here when it was still so recent because anyone can see it, but now I don't care, whatever. Which was so hard, even though it was part time, it made me sad. I needed to vent. But I saved it for my perzine anyways and I still was able to get my feelz about it out. It's also easier for me to talk about negative feelings retrospectively, cause if I talk about why I'm sad when I'm sad, that can sometimes be damaging for me. I think the main thing that made me sad was because I was just questioning to myself, if I hate a real Graphic Design job, something I thought I wanted and was so excited about, then WHAT AM I DOING. Just such a let down! But now, I know exactly what I want, I have a concrete plan set for my near future with getting a house with the love of my life and everything is just dandy and I feel so thankful and happy and contented. My what i call my "career identity crisis" has ended and I know that I just want to continue my job as a quirky indie feminist artist and accessory designer, because it makes me so happy. I even talked with an accountant recently about real world big girl stuff with my business! I never thought I would be saying that. So I dunno, I'm just feeling gooood. And that is, well, good.

In other news, yesterday I bought a Bump-It. I'm finally going to have perfect 60's bubble hair,  just in time for Valentines Day.

Love,
Midge

9 comments:

Hopefully Smashing said...

Glad that you sorted everything out. Sometimes I feel like I am not where I should be at this point in my life, but it isn't a race and things will happen eventually. Also, bump-its are hilarious and amazing, you need to post pictures with it in.

Typical 90s child... said...

So happy that you have it sorted out and can look back at that time with a brand new road ahead of you :)

Can't wait to hear how that thing works out!
I hate teasing my hair...but I feel like it would be just my luck that something like that would fall out of my hair half way through the day 8/

Nebulainbloom said...

I'm so glad that you sorted it out and feel like you're in a good place. I'm where you were a year ago.. in a job I should theoretically love but hate. Change is coming soon though. I hope.

donna goat said...

yay! midge! i found you! im deerdonna on instagram :P anywayyyyy im here now. woo woo.

you are the cutest. i love your blog. aaahhhh... *dances*

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Aw, hope everything works out for you, dear! And yes, I need to make a bump-it appreciation post.

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Thank you deary! The bump it works pretty well, I'll post about it soon!

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Hope everything works out for you soon, hang in there <333

Modern Girl Blitz said...

AHHHH! HII!!! Thank you, you are so adorable.

Kitty Cat Stevens said...

cheers to you for changing your life for the better! i know what you mean about silently hating your job. i worked for a local cupcakery and on the surface it seemed so idealistic and perfect for me— i was the head baker, i got an item approved for the menu my first week. . . but in reality it was just completely terrible. but i felt like it seemed privileged or something if i complained about it—  i mean, at least i *had* a job, right?! i stayed there for way too long before realizing i deserved better. i decided to move on and things are so much better now!

i'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with a job that seemed like it should be great. BUT it's so good to know you are pursuing really rad things that make you happy. it's so awesome to be able to look back and see how far you've come— just imagine how amazing your life will be this time next year at this rate =]