Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Little Birdies

 photo IMG_0397_zpsa4759b68.jpg  photo IMG_0390_zps7a2070bf.jpg

Dress// Be Bop
Sweater// Abound
Frames// Vintage
Shoes// Report
Brooch// My Etsy Shop
Button// Buttonator 

 photo IMG_0430_zps007233ab.jpg  photo IMG_0412_zps6246b1eb.jpg  photo IMG_0444_zps5f144d04.jpg

I bought this dress and sweater on the same day at Nordstrom Rack, my new happy place, with the intention of pairing them together. I was even wearing the shirt in this post when I bought them and I almost felt silly..I told the cashier "OBVIOUSLY I have a thing for these two colors together" haha

I bought these shoes on Sunday in what can be called nothing short of a shoe buying rampage. I went to DSW with my mom, and that kinda thing always tends to happen when we go there. That place is just so much fun. I'm always the lady carrying around one of those the tote bags they provide filled with shoe boxes so much that I'm waddling down the aisles with this huge freakin sack, bumping into things. I saw these shoes, tried them on and put them back. I'm always hesitant buying high heels, because I feel like I'll never wear them because of comfort concerns. But they are actually extremely comfortable, so I ended up snagging them. And you can trust me on that because I am PICKYYY with any shoes that aren't flats. I'm a wuss and if my feet hurt I'm so not a happy camper. And the print.. I mean c'mon. I actually also found a pair of flats that I bought in the same print! Different brand though..weird, huh?

On a more somber note, I feel that I must acknowledge the horrific bombings that took place in Boston. I'm not terribly the best at addressing horrible tragedies like this but I do want to say that my heart goes out to all my followers and readers in that area and that have loved ones in that area. I hope you are safe and well xoxo

Love,
Midge

11 comments:

Emma Schaeffer said...

I really like the lattice detail on the top of that dress! And the pattern on the shoes is so cute and unique.

If you want to take it to link yourself, there's an article from NBC on what people can to do help in Boston posted on my blog...you could probably find it on google pretty easily too.

-Emma from littlemotley.blogspot.com

Beauty and Le Freak said...

The color of that dress is stunning!

beautyandlefreak.blogspot.co.uk

Naomi George said...

Those shoes are the cutest! I love your outfit :)

♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

Annika Victoria said...

Awwww man those SHOES! Successful rampage ;)

Rachel Sullivan said...

Your glasses are the coolest!

Rachel

Modern Girl Blitz said...

haha thanks! indeed.

Modern Girl Blitz said...

thanks you! <333

Modern Girl Blitz said...

thank youuuu! :D

Modern Girl Blitz said...

thanks! i love it!

Modern Girl Blitz said...

thanks for the info! :)

Mammasaurus said...

I am completely in love with your shoes! Completely!