Monday, April 29, 2013

Riot Grrrl and Pearls

 photo IMG_0895_zps33ab120c.jpg  photo IMG_0887_zps4947a904.jpg

Dress// Vince Camuto 
Pearl & Glasses// Vintage
Brooch// Cakeeater
Shoes// Easy Spirit (from mom's closet, haha)
Bag// Amazon

 photo IMG_0905_zpseb0db607.jpg  photo IMG_0928_zpsa45e4cbe.jpg

I think it's fun pairing things like pearls with a riot grrrl brooch. Sprucing things up a bit, haha. I wore this yesterday for my brother's birthday. I love ay excuse to get dressed up, duh. I had the nice and relaxing weekend I was looking forward to, but know I'm up to my neck in work..whoops!

I got this dress on sale from Lord and Taylor. I think it must be some kind of well kept secret..but L&T has the BEST sales! I don't know anyone else that shops there. Maybe the one by me is especially awesome or something. Anyway, dinner with the fam was fun. And I got to see my my London, my nephew (my brother's dog). Every time i see that dog I just think of how much I can't wait to get my own little silly dog, when Mike and I get our place. (rescue, of course)

Ok, I have like ten million thousand things on my check list today, time to get down to business.

Love,
Midge

7 comments:

Alice S. said...

Lovely dress and lovely bag and lovely brooch and lovely you ^^

CreatureType.com said...

I totally adore the pairing of stereotypically feminine outfits with riot grrl details, too! That brooch is adorable and I love your nails! :o

I also had to pop in and thank you--I just noticed on tumblr that you reblogged one of my illustrations and added credit to me! That's so so sweet! When I post an illo on my tumblr, it gets like 10 notes. When someone else does, it gets 1800+! Haha, figures. That's why I try to watermark, but that's still not as effective as a direct link.

Sammi said...

I love me some Lord & Taylor, and I love how tongue-in-cheek you are with the pearls/dress pairing with the pin! I love that little fox bag, too :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Elana said...

I'm so happy I just found your blog. Going through your posts, it's evident that you have the best style and the coolest personality, so I'm pretty much in love with you already. And I mean that in the most non-creepy non-stalkerish way possible.

This dress is great and I need one of these purses! It looks so fun with everything.

Sarah Shackleford said...

I really love this mixture and the red is especially flattering with your coloring!

Miss Lil'Susie said...

Love your outfit <3
I just found your blog now, and I'm completely in love.
Without a doubt I'm your follower.

With Love
Miss Lil'Susie <3

callmemisslilsusie.blogspot.pt

Crissy Candypow said...

Whoa what an awesome room! Lovely dress. Even better that it was on sale. Score!