Saturday, May 11, 2013

Photo a Day in May: 11/31

 photo IMG_1657_zpsf5e58fc9.jpg
Today I decided to read Alice In Wonderland. There is a tiny back story to why: When I was in the 4th grade I rented it from the school library, and after the first paragraph I was like sucked into it and I was pretty much enthralled in the book. I got caught reading it in math class, and the grouchy math teacher really let me have it (catholic school :/ ) I mean, I obviously wasn't paying attention to the math lesson, but at least I was a kid who was interested in reading, which I couldn't say for most of my other class mates! I think she took it away or something, because I never got back to reading it, which is so sad! I recently remembered about this so I ordered it off Amazon for a penny (literally).  I finally mad it past where Alice grabs the marmalade jar in the rabbit hole, which is where I was forcibly left off, 15 years ago! I have no idea how I remember exactly where I left off so vividly.

Love,
Midge

4 comments:

magpielibrarian said...

My most favorite book, and, as a librarian, that's saying a lot. I collect all the different versions with their different illustrations. A really lovely person gave me a copy of the Yayoi Kusama version. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/18/yayoi-kusamas-illustrated_n_1434575.html I really recommend it.

Andi B. Goode said...

I love Alice in Wonderland. It's been a very long time since I read it, but it's wonderful. I've been reading a few articles that reference Alice (as an archetype for female adolescence and so on) as it's related to my thesis topic.

pigeon said...

ah! it's my favourite book, i've read it countless times (i'm actually a bit obsessed with alice in wonderland - i read books about lewis carroll and alice lidell, watch every movie/animation, play every game, read every comics with this motive so....yeah...obsession.)

enjoy your reading! <3

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails said...

:D one of the best books ever! I have an annotated version that's so great. MY sister and I used to read it as a kid.