Monday, June 24, 2013

Black and White and Blue

 photo IMG_3278_zps7ab7f405.jpg  photo IMG_3272_zpse424fc51.jpg

Top// Charlotte Russe
Dress// Target
Shoes// Blowfish
Glasses// Coastal

 photo IMG_3286_zps6597ebfe.jpg

Oh hai! Well, today is very..Monday like. It's always when I have really good weekends is when Mondays are extra tough to get up out of bed and get to work. And I have sooo much to do today. Including taking my car (that I only really use to go to the craft store) in for state inspection. Blech. I hate doing car things. I'm counting the day for when I move out and won't need it anymore and  can just sell it. I'm seriously a lot like bike guy from Portlandia. "CARS, MAN, WHY?" Yup, that's me.

It's a scorcher out there today, so layering might not be the best idea. but I love the look of pairing black and white with other things. I don't own a lot of things that are black and white, I should change that. They just go with everything!

My weekend was fan-freakin-tastic. Saturday was spent in Brooklyn with some gurlfriends. We went to Shmorgasburg (trendy food tents, I got a vegan BLT and almost died) and the Renegade craft fair. I didn't buy much except for one little thing that is my new favorite and I'll show you in a style post soon.
After that me and Rhiannon went back to Manhattan into the east village and she got a tattoo on the whim, of a cute arrow on her wrist. The artist had some good stories, and I throughly enjoyed it. I can't wait to get more tattoos, I gotta do another one on a whim soon. You gotta do things like that to stay sane, I think.

Yesterday saw this indie film "What Masiey Knew", and it was about a little girl witnessing her parents' divorce. It was really artfully done and had a good ending. If you see it anywhere you should def see it.

Well, back to the grind...where's my coffee?!

Love,
Midge

3 comments:

pigeon said...

looooove this outfit! jeans+this cute collar and part of your tattoo can be seen, which is very nice ;>
black&white is classy!

CreatureType.com said...

Cuuuute! I love denim dresses and layering them up. :)

Aww, I wish I lived close enough to have fun weekend adventures in NYC!

Sarah said...

I've also been thinking that I need more black & white pieces in my wardrobe. They're just so versatile! Loving it paired with the denim here.

xx S.
The Laughing Medusa