Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Peplum with Flowers

 photo IMG_3099_zps59bbadfd.jpg
Top//ModCloth 
Skirt// Betsey Johnson (old)
Shoes// Steve Madden (Similar)
Glasses// Vintage

 photo IMG_3121_zps807f8a1e.jpg  photo IMG_3171_zpsb8510f0e.jpg

I love the floral pattern of this top. It's not all over but it's still a large print, but with some breathing room between flowers. I also love the idea of pairing it with a skirt that looks like something lady Beetlejuice would wear :D
My nails are actually inspire by the flamingo picture in this post on everyones favorite blog, A Beautiful Mess. I love the idea of pairing bright summery colors with gold. I never use gold nail polish when its not the holidays, but its a nice new twist.

I have a busy next couple of days ahead of me, tomorrow is my Dad's birthday, and I'll also be starting a weekend long sale in my etsy shop, because Sunday marks the 2 year anniversary of my first sale. Then Friday I'm headed to the city to go to the Modcloth Event, Elegance for All, where there will be shopping, and champagne, and hopefully a few familiar faces on the blog-o-sphere! I'm so excited, but my wallet is terrified. I'll try to talk it down while I spend all the money. (If ya see me, SAY HI! I'm really nice, promise.) Then I have a good friend's 25th birthday party Saturday, then Sunday is Father's day. Phew! Eventful!

Love,
Midge

5 comments:

Jackie Humphrey said...

You sure can rock Peplum! I'm jealous since I don't think it's very flattering on my body shape, but you look adorable!

Sammi said...

I have that same top and love it! I always end up wearing it with jeans, but I like how you've styled it! And I'm sooo jealous you're going to Elegance For All! Pictures and stories from it, please! :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

pigeon said...

pretty outfit! peplum is always pretty <3

Sara Świętosławska said...

fantastic!

Sian said...

Can't see any of your pictures at the moment. Could be my crappy computer though. :/