Thursday, June 27, 2013

Red White and Teal

 photo IMG_3298_zps2b004b57.jpg  photo IMG_3300_zps821b1791.jpg  photo IMG_3306_zps413f2ec7.jpg

Dress// BCBG
Sweater// Abound
Shoes// Target/DIYed
Glassess// Vintage


 photo IMG_3315_zps4f737405.jpg

I've had this dress forever. It's strapless, and the fit on the top is weird and droopy so I default to my tied up cardigan look. I finally took my car in for it's inspection this week. It feels good to get thing you've been dreading done. I just don't like doing anything that has to do with car maintence. I can't wait to walk/take trains/ride bikes everywhere for my transportation once I'm out of Long Island. But NOONE at the body shop called me "sweetheart" "pretty eyes" or "honey". THAT IS A FEAT. They treated me like a human adult which is rare in those places. Hopefully people are finally catching on to the fact that that's not a good tactic.
Anywho, my vacation is creeping closer and closer and I can't stop thinking about it. I have so much stuff to get done before hand. I don't like having work on the back burner while I'm on vacation, because it will haunt me. My 365 Project is about to come to a close, and I have more plans with what I want to do art-wise. I doing a piece for a little gallery show my friend is hosting in NYC in August (doing/haven't even started sketching out ideas yet) and I want to get a substantial amount of work done on that before I go away. Fingers crossed! And then there's zines. I haven't made a zine is WAAYYYY too long, and I've had the itch to make more for a really long time, I'm just so busy! It's mainly the 365 project thats eating up the time that I would spend on making more zines, so once that's done, I'm getting back on that band wagon. I have so many ideas and so much to say, and I want to say them in a cute and collaged photo copied booklet that you can hold in your hand as opposed to your computer screen :)

OK, now it's time for a typical work day...going to pack some orders and watch the Wendy Williams Show (LOVE HER)

Love,
Midge

PS Speaking of women named Wendy, HOW EFFING KICK-ASS IS WENDY DAVIS!

7 comments:

pigeon said...

nice colors! very energetic! this old camera is so cool~

Sian said...

Gorgeous colours, really like this outfit. I also think your room looks so cool, love your decorations and zines.

Erika said...

THAT CAMERA!!! Absolutely in love with it!
http://erikablogsalot.blogspot.com

Alice S. said...

love love love the dress.

Shachi Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

Woah - your 365 is awesome. I tried one in 2011 - mine was 365 buttons. I did up to November, but I am still working on this! I have the drawings, I just need to MAKE THE BUTTONS! So hard! :) Here's to 365!

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Thanks, Missyyyy! :)