Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Reminiscing: Montauk & Summer

I love my lomography toy cameras (ok, I only have one, the Fisheye 35mm, but I got a Holga 135 in the mail) I almost exclusively use film cameras in the summer time whilst away on vacation or on fun summery outings. We just booked our vacation to Montauk for this July and I'm super excited to relax and, of course take pretty pictures! Last time we went there was two years ago, just in time for Hurricane Irene (yeah, it was a real blast...not) but we got a few fun days out of it. (btw we were totally fine, Montauk luckily didn't get hit so bad, we just stayed inside and drank white wine)
Here's some of my pictures from that trip, I randomly felt like sharing them, probs because I'm super pumped to go back to this place.
 photo summer4_zps1ebc96ca.jpg


If you know Montauk, you know the Tiki Motel. 

 photo summer2_zpsee38c837.jpg  photo 49BCAEDF-2019-464F-A673-7676DB54FB9F_zps670d43ba.jpg

This rock was more heart shaped in real life.
 photo summer9_zps5afad017.jpg

Back when I had my pixie haircut..it was nice and easy peasy to style on a beach vacation.  photo summer8_zps8866e0f5.jpg
 photo summer7_zps7cbcc389.jpg

This log has Montauk carved on it, you can see if you look hard enough, haha
 photo summer23_zps393c27de.jpg

Love,
Midge

5 comments:

Sammi said...

I've gone to Montauk with my boyfriend for the past two summers, and it doesn't look like we'll get to go this summer :( but I love these photos! And of course, we've driven by that tiki hotel a bunch! Never stayed there though. Sigh. I want to go to the beach.

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

pigeon said...

cool photos with vintage feeling ;>
they look a bit like from an old movie~

Modern Girl Blitz said...

Aw! Wouldn't it be so funny if we ran into eachother, haha! I hope you get to do something equally as fun this summer, though :)

Modern Girl Blitz said...

thank you <3

Jackie Humphrey said...

Gorgeous pictures! I can't wait to go on a mini vacation in just over a week (ahh, so soon!) to New Hampshire with my boyfriend. I will definitely be taking lots and lots of film pictures.