Thursday, July 18, 2013

And Now for Something Completely Different

 photo IMG_3921_zpsc7c1a219.jpg  photo IMG_3928_zpse1031219.jpg  photo IMG_3922_zps9586f990.jpg

Dress,Bracelets, and Sunglasses// Thrifted
Shoes//

 photo IMG_3947_zpsdf596485.jpg

This is the very first time I've ever worn a "maxi" dress. EVER. I'll be honest they're kinda not my thing. I'm a mini skirt girl. If it's above the knee, it's for me. But last week I saw this print in the thrift store and I needed it in my life. I love the colors (mad trippy maaaan) and the retro 70's pattern. And lilies are one of my favorite flowers. It also really too big on me, but i was able to fold over the excess fabric in the back and secure it with some bobby pins. Problem solved. I got another one thats the exact same dress but it's this weird orange tree print. I'll share that with you on a later date. All in all I had a great thrift shop day when I found this dress. (I also found a red pleated mini skirt that still had the tags on it..I think it was meant to be part of a cheerleading uniform from back in the day and it's amazing)
I packed this monster of a dress to bring with me on vacation and I'm sure it's serving me quite well by the time this posts.

Love,
Midge

7 comments:

Nebulainbloom said...

It looks really awesome on you. You should wear it out more.. also they look super cooling in this disgusting heat :)

pigeon said...

the third photo is AWESOME <3

Fiona said...

You look fierce! Different from your usual looks for sure, but I love it!

Crissy Candypow said...

Ooh I love the top! Such an unique maxi dress. I still haven't found any bright, interesting patterns like that at the thrift store.

Andi B. Goode said...

I like it! Looks great :D

Megan Butcher said...

This dress is AWESOME, you look like a goddess :)

<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

Aishling O'Neill said...

That dress is freakin' amazing on you! D: <3