Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Secret Scissors

 photo IMG_4020_zps4852b462.jpg  photo IMG_4023_zpsc30d31eb.jpg

Top// F21
Skirt// Thrifted
Shoes// Restricted
Glasses// Coastal
Earrings// Old Navy

 photo IMG_4048_zpsa2d6a4f2.jpg  photo IMG_4057_zps8f1cc832.jpg

I don't think I've ever disclosed on here about my first tattoo! It's the scissors behind my ear in the third picture.  It's not a Van Gough thing, but that's what I say to people that ask in the grocery line and I don't feel like talking. I do have a friend who, by coincidence alone, also has scissors behind her ear, and her's is actually a Van Gough reference, haha. I just have a thing for scissors, I think they're cool, especially as a crafty lady. But this one needs some major touching up, it's 6 years old, which is nuts to think about. For my upcoming 25th birthday I think I'm going to treat myself for my first big tattoo since the one on my chest, and its gonna be on my arm. I feel funny about arm tattoos, only because I just love them so much and its such prime real estate for tattoos. So I wanted to think long and hard what I wanted, and I've finally come up with something. But I ain't telling! You'll just have to wait and see :)

I recently thrifted this skirt, the same trip when I found the maxi dress a few posts back. You could tell it was made a while ago, but it still had tags on it. It's so satisfying when thrifted things still have tags on them, but you can still tell they're vintage. Best of both worlds. Style, without the stains! Hah!

Alright, I'm off to work. And then I'm going to try not to watch the 7 episodes I have left of Orange is the New Black in one sitting. (WATCH THAT SHOW!)

Love,
Midge

6 comments:

Betty2Tone (Laura) said...

Orange is the New Black is awesome, I finished in in days! I also have thought about getting scissor tattoos because of the short film The Delicious. I think it's on youtube if you feel like watching something silly and weird about a man and a retro pantsuit :D

Elif said...

Love the color of your skirt!

Angel said...

That show is so great. I can't wait to see what you get tattooed! I just finished an arm tattoo and im getting my feet done next. Its so exciting.

Nebulainbloom said...

I also have a thing for scissors. I like scissor shaped anything. I understand the allure. I love this skirt on you. Great find! That show is amazing. I gobbled up the entire season in three days. I couldn't stop!

Sarah Shackleford said...

I love this! Especially because scissors are what I always forget to bring to craft night

Faith said...

I love people's fake stories on why they have certain tattoos just to shut people up. I have a chinese temple lion on each leg and when people ask why I say 'cause my body is a temple'. Which, I guess is true ;)

Love the outfit!