Thursday, August 15, 2013

Are you Ready for These Jellies?

 photo IMG_4776_zps66f4f6af.jpg  photo IMG_4788_zps82b1abd5.jpg

Top// H&M
Skirt// Thrifted
Glasses// Coastal
Jellies// JuJu Jellies
Tights// HUE

 photo IMG_4793_zps5a450e8f.jpg  photo IMG_4809_zps2ab6e402.jpg

YOU GUYS I AM SO EXCITED I FINALLY SNAGGED ME SOME JELLIES! Sorry about the all caps. But I think its fitting.I've been wanted a pair of these since forever. I wish I could find the ones I had as tween in the 90's because they would probably still fit. They were clear red.

So, I (begrudgingly) had to support American Apparel to get my paws on these suckers (I'm not a big fan of that brand, I try to avoid it, they're like the hipster Abercrombie to me) but I did snag the very last pair that just so happened to be in my size. And I seriously couldn't say no. I know I could have got them online but I hate buying shoes online because I can be either a 7 or an 8 and I'm never sure until I try them on. Anywho, I'm super happy that I found them, especially that they were the last pair and happened to be my size, which is kind of a common shoe size to begin with. It's meant to be!

Also, you've probably noticed that I've developed quite the obsession with brightly colored opaque tights. I don't know how or why it happened, it just did. I dunno, I like accessories that brighten up an outfit. And bright tights definitely do that.

Love,
Midge

5 comments:

Sammi Cohen said...

Hah, this title is perfect! And I really love Juju flats -- these are adorable on you, especially with the tights. I am in total agreement with your hatred of American Apparel, but I'm glad you got to try these on in person; I ordered a pair online, and I felt the sizing was off (I tried two different sizes) AND they're a UK brand, so their sizing conversion is confusing as it is. I wish I had my childhood jellies too, though I'm sure they'd no longer fit. :)


xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Midge Blitz said...

Yeah I'm normally an 8US but these are a 7US.. glad I didn't order the 8's online they would be slipping off my feet!

Erin said...

They look perfect with those tights!!

Neon Michelle said...

Agreed, they look awesome with the tights! Love the color of your tights, too. I haven't been interested in jellies in a million years, but I recently found myself pining for a pair just like yours, but in opaque mint green. I don't know where my new jellie interest came from! Wearing them with tights is genius too because you can avoid that weird sweaty plastic foot thing jellies are so good at.

Megan said...

Love how you styled the jellies with some futuristic-like vibes! And your glasses, oh my. They are too lovely :)


<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com