Monday, August 12, 2013

Crafty Lady

 photo IMG_4542_zps9f7f7867.jpg  photo IMG_4544_zps5d21f58f.jpg

Top// Charlotte Russe
Skirt// Zara
Tights//HUE
Shoes// JC Penny
Earrings// Handmade

 photo IMG_4557_zps6c71782b.jpg  photo IMG_4564_zpsa64b4454.jpg

This was my outfit to a little craft party I went to in the city this past Thursday thrown by that magazine The Nest. I only realized about 3 hours after putting this outfit together that I totally wore the same colors as Barney. Which was uh, weird. I still like the color combo, when I'm not reminded of the creepy friendly dinosaur. Anyway, the craft thing was a bit of a bust to be perfectly honest. They had people making crafts with acrylic paint, and only gave people an hour and half to complete their projects, resulting in many of us leaving with wet coasters and vases. I feel like they totally could have been a lot more creative with the projects they provided, especially being as they're kinda supposed to be pros at that sorta thing. They just had some clear vases and plain coasters with some acrylic paint, letters, and some tacks. The amount of craft projects you can give to people that don't involve paint drying is endless (I mean, c'mon, washi tape is so versatile!) But I was with my one of my good friends, so I still had fun regardless. Heres the sub-par coasters I made!
 photo IMG_4575_zps93bfca10.jpg  photo IMG_4581_zps28920266.jpg photo IMG_4583_zpsce0c8cbd.jpg

 Love, Midge

7 comments:

Angel said...

Love this outfit. Love the tights with the skirt.

Judith said...

too cute!

Sarah S. said...

I love craft parties and hate when they're lame! I like your coaster anyway though!

Sammi Cohen said...

You look so pretty, and I actually love the color combination (I wouldn't have thought of Barney until you said it). That's a bummer about the craft party being a bust! You still managed to make cute coasters, though!


xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Midge Blitz said...

Aw thanks! I'm actually using my coaster now haha

Midge Blitz said...

I failed to mention that there was free white wine. So it wasn't a total bust, haha! Thanks!

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you! <3