Thursday, September 26, 2013

Gingham Girl



Dress// Macy's (old)
Sweater// Target (also old)
Glasses// Kiss
Tights// HUE
Boots// Zigi
Earrings// My Shop




So, today I tried to challenge myself by taking a piece (this dress) that I just throw on to wear around the house and style it up to make it look more presentable. I'm obsessed with plaid and gingham so I thought I would do a no-no and pair it with another gingham piece that I love. I wear this sweater all the time, but I think this is it's first appearance on the blog. I'm also convinced that tights in an awesomely bright color will fix up any outfit. I'm hooked on buying tights in bright colors as of late. I'm happy about the weather here very much so. The last time I did outfit photos I almost passed out from the heat/humidity and got eaten alive by mosquitos. Today was muuuuuch better!

I've been spending a lot of time thinking of new things for my etsy shop, particularly some spooky themed things for Halloween. I LOVE these eyeball earrings so much. Basically, when I'm designing new things for my shop I think "what would I want in a pair of earrings or brooch, ect." which results in me WANTING everything I make. I always have to make a spare just for me, haha. I am my own walking advertisement, basically. Is that cheesy? I hope not. Also, eyeball things are cooooool.

I feel like I'm been working a lot lately and that I should maybe take some time out of today to relax a bit. I'm writing this sitting on my bed, and when I'm done I might stay put and watch a tv show or something. I just feel so beat! I kind tend to of overwhelm myself a bit too much sometimes, but I try not to feel guilty by giving my self a break every now and then. I think I need it!

Love,
Midge

12 comments:

Kamila K said...

this skirt is awesooome and it looks really interesting with these tights! ^^


weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

Gabriella Murray said...

Yes to the eyeball earrings! Amazing!
I am also a little bit in love with your blonde stripe. <3

Gabi
x

Crissy said...

I saw this on tumblr.. love the mix of patterns and bright colors!! those earrings are so cool. glad you weren't eaten by bugs!! haha

Midge Blitz said...

thanks Gabi!

Midge Blitz said...

these tights are kind of my favorite, haha

Midge Blitz said...

I'm glad too, haha. Thanks!

Sian Morgan said...

I love the double gingham, screw the fashion rules. Love the whole outfit, your earrings are super cute. If you design accessories you should definitely wear them and be a walking advert for them. :)

Sammi Cohen said...

Love this entire outfit!! Also, I'm obsessed with your glasses. :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

kitty cat stevens said...

these glasses are so cute! did you get them filled with your prescription?

Midge Blitz said...

I agree with everything you just said, haha

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you! No, I didn't, but my prescription is really weak so I'm fine without actual glasses. Just need them for distance.

Midge Blitz said...

yaaay, thanks!