Thursday, September 12, 2013

Laura. Jane. Grace. (Photos)

A few weeks ago I saw Laura Jane Grace from Against Me! do a solo show at the Bowery Ballroom. I went by myself, but I still had a blast singing (ok, screaming) along to every song. And snapping photos with my old dinky film camera, which I've grown to love.
 photo laura2copy_zps811aaf8e.jpg  photo laura7copycopy_zps3614cd54.jpg
(it's a ghost!) I love when this distortion happens with my film photos but I literally have no idea how it even happens. Thats the fun in film photos, sometimes you just don't know what you're gonna get, and most of the time I'm pleasantly surprised.

 photo laura2_zpsc78d1a85.jpg
She had some bitchin' shoes on, and I love how that little red spot popped up, perfectly highlighting them.

 photo laura6copycopy_zpsbd95ffe4.jpg
I was going to crop this kids face out of this one because I didn't mean for it to be there, but I decided to keep it. He was smiling and bopping the whole time and just looked so happy to be in the presence of such an amazing lady, so I'm glad to have captured that. (I swear I'm not a creep)

These photos are bit grainier and darker than what I usually share on here, but I feel it goes along with their lovely subject, in a good way of course. Also I used Totally Rad filters on most of these, in case you were wondering (not getting paid to throw that in there, haha)

Love,
Midge

1 comment:

Sian Morgan said...

Oh my god! You're so lucky, I adore Laura Jane Grace so much! Love your photos, really atmospheric. :)