Monday, September 9, 2013

Brimfield Antique Fair! Part 1 (and my loot)

I spent this past weekend in Brimfield, MA to go to the huuuge Antique fair they have every year. I've never been, but my folks have and I decided to tag along this year, because they kept on telling me how much I would love all the weird and quirky junk (they were right!)

Aside from my loot (what I actually bought) I took tons of pictures of all the cool stuff I didn't buy...enjoy! 
 photo IMG_0641_zpscec81290.jpg
I loved the way this tent displayed all these amazingly poofy vintage dresses..it was the firs thing I saw while walking into the fair!

 photo IMG_0683_zpsf158439e.jpg
(And Of course I always find my way to the clothes)

 photo IMG_0735_zps34ed467c.jpg  photo IMG_0651_zps792167f6.jpg  photo IMG_0742_zps8ac80278.jpg  photo IMG_0681_zpsfd8f19ba.jpg
Cheese and beer is my favorite, thank you very much.

 photo IMG_0678_zps88af9ccb.jpg

And the stuff I did buy!

 photo IMG_0768_zps3d096ad3.jpg
Two vintage tops, one a floral zip up and the other a mohair-y seafoam vest. I don't know about you, but I have the hardest time finding vintage dresses that fit properly. I tried on like 5 and none of them were a go... oh well.  photo IMG_0774_zpsb706ec0c.jpg
Yay for typewriter keys! I'm going to make myself some rings, I think.

 photo IMG_0777_zps2b1a99b1.jpg
I couldn't say no (har har) to this button...NEED.

 photo IMG_0779_zps9b465b32.jpg
I've already made myself a necklace out of these tiny dentures, and I'm wearing it now :D

 photo IMG_0782_zps410415e0.jpg
And of course, it wouldn't be complete without something creepy doll related.

I have a load of more pictures to share, stay tuned folks :)

Love,
Midge

14 comments:

Ali Mackin said...

Ah that fair looks amazing!! So much great stuff. Thanks for sharing. Cute blog following via Bloglovin.

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Kamila K said...

omg these frilly dresses T^T

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I'll definitely have to check this out next year! It looks like an awesome place to find lots of vintage goodies! :)

Kimberly said...

What fantastic pictures! Now I want to go to this vintage fair next year! I hope my husband considers that a vacation..... ;)

http://thriftarchives.blogspot.com/

Midge Blitz said...

Yup, and tons of weird stuff to gawk at, too. Like old bed pans...hahaha!

Midge Blitz said...

Totally, they have lots of cute bed and breakfasts in town!

Midge Blitz said...

Right??

paulie antiques said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That first photo with those dreamy 1950's prom dresses makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD I AM NOT THERE!!!! WAH!!!! It's soooo beautiful :) Thank you for your comment, I love your blog!!! Let's be fwends!


love, polly
pollybland.com

Midge Blitz said...

haha thanks, it was a fun time! yaaaay, friends! :D

Beverly Houpt said...

whoa! tiny dentures!! how bizarre!!

Kitsch Vixen said...

Those tiny dentures are awesome! I really miss going to fairs.

Enid Twiglet said...

those tiny dentures are the cutest thing ever!

Tessa said...

I have the same problem with vintage dresses. They are also too big or too small :-( This whole fair looks AH-MAZING, and you got some great finds. I cannot wait to see Pt.2!

Sammi Cohen said...

Color me jealous. Amazing.


xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com