Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Brimfield Antique Fair: Part 3

Here's the last round of photos from the Antique far...I was joking with my dad like "I wonder how many mason jars are in this entire fair". Answer? Way too many.  photo IMG_0687_zps059dabf7.jpg

I'd say this fair was at least 50% glass things. I even saw a vendor selling an empty Patron bottle for 15 dollars. Definitely not an antique. Don't get me wrong, I loved most of the booths, but when you see stuff like that you have to wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

But here are some pretty pink glasses! My parents bought some small bowls in the same kind of style. I'm scared to touch them...they're too pretty. And I break/spill/drop everything.

 photo IMG_0694_zps9ef84eab.jpg  photo IMG_0688_zps27c9765d.jpg  photo IMG_0704_zps86adbb6e.jpg  photo IMG_0654_zps431d8e66.jpg

I was really into all the vintage electronic stuff they had there, like these cameras. I'm always afraid to ask if they still work or not. I feel awkward asking people things like that. I would love to own a cool old land camera, for decoration and to actually use it. One daaaay.

 photo IMG_0665_zps649d6ce7.jpg  photo IMG_0656_zps6dcbd655.jpg  photo IMG_0716_zpsabd3d94c.jpg

I'm really interested in maps and cartography and geography. Globes and maps make me drool, they're are so visually pleasing to me.

 photo IMG_0722_zps768d55f6.jpg

How precious is this tiny wooden deer in a glass? Never thought I would say that combination of words. BUT IT'S SO CUTE!


 photo IMG_0737_zpsc0345900.jpg

This is the best for last: the donut. Best donut of my life! Which may not be too much of a stretch because I have a donut like...once a year. You could smell these donuts for really far away and you could hear everyone talking about how good is smelled. I made my dad by us some. It didn't take much convincing, really. They were all freshly made and beat dunkin out of the water. Duh.


 photo IMG_0736_zpse4d6deb8.jpg

Thought I would end this little series on a sweet note (get it?!)

Love,
Midge

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ahhh! I love those egg cups! I just wish egg cups weren't so darn impractical! Great pictures and post!

http://thriftarchives.blogspot.com/

Kitsch Vixen said...

That freakin' deer in the glass! Holy adorable, Batman!

Missy said...

I love that little deer, too. I also like those egg cups, and when I see them I want them, but I don't like eggs at all!