Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Laid Back Weekend

 photo IMG01956-20130922-1421_zpsbb1b4924.jpg  photo IMG01957-20130922-1421_zpsf03ec8f5.jpg

Dress// H&M
Sweater// Target
Tights// HUE
Boots// Bass Outlet

This is basically how I normally look on the weekends when me and Mike are just going around town to garage sales, to the thrift store, ect. This day in particular I had a very rare craving for soda from the fountain so we went to 711. But now looking at it in the photos I want more, dammit. Cherry coke is dangerous. I know, I know, our lives are so exciting! haha...
We were walking around and I saw this yellow wall and decided I wanted outfit photos in front of it. Not too shabby for Mike's ancient Blackberry, not to mention my rats nest hair. I just felt really good and comfortable in this outfit, especially in such perfect weather and it needed some documentation! I like spending quiet weekends together at my place, it s a good sign that we'll be fine co-habitating together, having fun doing not much at all, just enjoying each other's company and conversation while walking around or cooking dinner. Oh god, we're such old people. I'm just happy that there's so many garage sales in my town, other wise there's really nothing to walk to aside from a CVS and Panera bread. Or the train station to go to NYC and escape suburbia on a whim. Which is something I should just do one day.

It was my time this season wearing these boots I got from Bass last year, after being on the hunt for something just like them for what felt like ages. I've been wanting much more basic items of clothing lately, as opposed to fancy dresses. Don't get me wrong, I love a good dress, but I don't really own a lot of good basic every day things. Yesterday I went to H&M and stocked up on some plain long sleeve shirts to layer with things and I got two skirts too. Everything cost 12.95 each. I love that place. Though nothing feels more accomplishing then coming out of the thrift store with almost a new wardrobe for like 30 dollars. That is the best feeling ever.

Oh, and of course, Happy October!!

Love,
Midge


4 comments:

Angel said...

I love these shots, so funky. I've been seeing this dress around, so cute.

Rachel Sullivan said...

Cute!
It looks like the kitty on your dress is drinking your soda (and is real excited about it) haha.

Rachel

Midge Blitz said...

Aaah! Good catch! I didn't notice that. Now I love that picture ten times more.

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I love when an outfit looks great and is super comfy! This looks so perfect for just hanging out and running errands. I love the cat dress! :) I love layering and this is the perfect season to do it!