Monday, October 7, 2013

Clipboard Collage DIY

I've seen a lot of people (OK, I've seen it on Pinterest) where people use clipboards as wall decoration for photos, prints, what-have-you. I thought it would be a cool way to decorate my studio walls.

Especially because you can put what ever you want on them, so they can also serve as little mood boards. I used a lot of found stuff, things I've had for a while, random scraps..things like that! I used a few zines, lots of pretty paper tape, paper clips, different textured paper.


I even my old high school schedule on this one because I like the retro typewriter look to it! I can't believe that I manage to keep some things. Pack rat, much? I guess this is like an artsy and organized way of being a pack rat, haha.


I've had that fortune teller fish since forever, but I've always kept it on my cork board. The post card is from Montreal, and the unfolded zine is Mend my Dress By Neely Bat Chesnut.



I had left overs from my Glitter Banner DIY. I have problems with throwing things out.

I hung them up on my wall side by side..I love how they look!


Happy clipping!

Love,
Midge

4 comments:

Kitsch Vixen said...

I love these! Don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure I still have my freshman schedule from high school. My husband needs to force me to throw stuff away (not in a "he's a horrible person" way, but in a "please Ryan, I need you to make me do this" way XD) because if not, I'd be a full fledged hoarder.

hannah @ The Braided Bandit said...

This is such an adorable idea! I am going to keep my eyes open for clipboards at thrift stores now. I definitely have a problem throwing leftover crafty things out too :)
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
xo Hannah

http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

Sian Morgan said...

Super cute! I love them! :)

Elisabeth said...

My chem teacher gave us those fortune teller fish a while back! I love this idea, I'm so going to try it!