Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Studio Tour: Part Two

Here's some more photos of my studio...this batch is focusing on my bookcase and my walls. I like to use a lot of my supplies as decoration, putting them more out in the open than away in a box. I like the way they look, especially my mod podge containers.

 I love how colorful my bookcase is. The typewriter is obviously my favorite item on it. It was a Christmas present from my dad last year! I was so confused when I got it all wrapped up because it was so heavy! But then I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a 1920's revamped Remington. There's no exclamation point key! haha

 That little space in the back is my alcove, where I keep lots of stock things like blank tote bags and jewelry boxes, and old art pieces away in folders. There's also a comforter and some pillows on the floor so it can act as my little reading cave when I want a break.

 I always forget to change my calendars.I always end up changing it like two weeks into the month. Whoopsie! I got this Kate Beaton one in a good bag at last year's Bust Holiday Craftacular, one of my favorite events ever. One day I will table! Maybe next year. I digress.
I'd like to end this post on a uplifting note like this "dream big" signature from a Lois Maffeo CD booklet. I ordered the CD (which I highly recommend, perfect 90's singer/songwriter rock) and it was by chance, signed! I felt so lucky, and I took the "dream big" message to heart, and I plan to keep in my sight at all times where ever my various workspaces may be.

Dream big!
Love,
Midge

5 comments:

Kailey said...

Your studio is an absolute dream!

Midge Blitz said...

Aw, thanks, I try!

Danielle Morgan said...

I love your studio space! I especially adore the alcove, for the enchanting quality of a secret space is easy to get drunk on.

Jenna LeDawn said...

this is awesome! i love seeing someone's workspace that is so totally "them"


what a wonderful hideaway!

Kristian Olson said...

How fun to see your studio. Thanks for sharing it :)