Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Hell-raiser Skirt




Top// H&M
Sweater// Andrew Marc
Skirt// BCBG
Boots// Zigi Soho
Necklace// Handmade
Glasses// Coastal

I was very reluctant when I tried on this skirt in the store. At first I thought it made me look like hell-raiser. Hey, maybe it does even, but I thought, I don't own anything like it, and I think it looks cool, and it's 40% off so...mine. I like stepping out of my comfort zone with my clothing, one of the main reasons why I love having a style blog. I get to show those little experiments off. All my skirts and dresses are pretty much the same typical above-the-knee length, (with the exception of this dress) so I guess the closet is yearning for a bit of variety. I like how I paired this almost "goth-like" skirt with a fun white polka dot shirt and bright yellow cardigan...and my teeth necklace! Definitely made it much less Hell-raiser like, haha! And the slits are pretty cool too. I wore this outfit yesterday when we had some family from Seattle over for dinner. It's good to catch up with family members you barely see.
How and how cute is that ring? It's from Michelle's adorable etsy shop, and it says Girl Power! If you know me you know I love my cute and quirky feminist themed accessories. I saw it in her shop and snagged it up instantly. She also has some really cute prints. Talented lady!
I think October has been a pretty good month for me so far, sales are up and I've been having fun with the blog as of late.
Hope your day is awesome!

Love,
Midge

8 comments:

Sonya said...

Wowzers, that skirt is a stunner! And the ring is just precious. I'm gonna check out that Etsy shop fosho :)

Neon Michelle said...

Great skirt! Love your glasses, too.

Kamila K said...

i love your glasses and the ring *^^* and this long skirt is so cool~

weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

Laura said...

This might be my favorite outfit you've posted yet. I'm a sucker for black, yellow, and polka dots!

Midge Blitz said...

You won't regret it!

Lariats and Lavender said...

<3 I love your color combo here. Yellow is a fabulous color for Autumn, and yellow with white and black?! Swoon. I love your entire outfit, though.

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

Ahhh, I'm so happy seeing you and the ring together in action! :') Couldn't have gone to a better home! You look fab, as always! I think the skirt suits you! xo

Estelle Sacre said...

Your outfit is excellent. I also liked your tattoo and the way you have shown it through the shirt.
http://anyclean.co.uk