Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Witchy



Dress & Belt// Thrifted
Sweater// Andrew Marc
Tights// HUE
Shoes// JuJu Jellies
Brooch Set// My Etsy Shop



Ok, so I'm on a huge Twin Peaks kick right now. In comes in phases. Right now I'm re-watching the series for the third time, but this time I'm listening to The Twin Peaks Podcast along with it, which is basically a group of people talking about the show one episode at a time. It's fun because they point out things I may have missed and gives me a different perspective on part of the show, and two of the people are newbies so it's really interesting to listen to their takes on the show.

It's only Tuesday and I already feel really busy. The holidays are creepin' up, and being as most of my job is sellin' stuff, I've been working on re-stocking and coming up with new ideas for all kinds of things. My lil Twin Peaks obsession has resulted in many new Twin Peaks themed items for the shop, including this brooch set I'm wearing in these photos. And I have more brand new brooches drying on my shelf as I type this. And I'm hopefully going to have Stigma #4 all laid out and ready to print by today (huge thank to all you lovelies who submitted your work!) I've gotten so many good submissions that I'm changing the format a bit on the zine to accommodate all the entries...it'll still have a poster involved in the design, though! It's just going to be a lot more text heavy than the previous issues. Yay! You readers are pretty rad and have some awesome and diverse things to say. That's why I love compilation zines so much, I really want my Stigma zine to touch on all kind of issues and outlooks, even if it's not my personal experience, or even my opinion. Speaking of my outlook and opinion, I really gotta get on the ball with my own perzine, I haven't put out a new issue of that in ages. So much to do, so little time. Eventually!

Love,
Midge

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I looove the tights + jellies!

Jayme said...

I adore your dress and your lovely tights……I must have that shade……love the complete look……
Love your hair that way, and those glasses……..you’re so pretty…

… you certainly make a beautiful statement…..

I grew up in tights, being in ballet for 13 years. In fact, mom raised me rather androgynously, so I also wore tights under big sweaters and hip length tunics and such around the house growing up. Your lovely look reminds me of all those days….epsecially when the delivery man would come and I’d meet him at the door and he’s refer to me as Miss……
Oh, by the way, I’m a guy…and I love fashion as much as I love dance.
I traveled in Europe this past fall,
It looks like you have the same affinity for tights as I have…..

I’ve been raving to my new friends about how much I love the tights/shorts look, so they encouraged me to try it myself…
and I have in a big way,….. denim cutoffs, high waisted shorts, even a romper…….
I will following your blog religiously….. thanks for sharing your lovely taste and your beauty