Friday, November 1, 2013

Around the House


Top// Target (old)
Skirt// H&M
Socks// Hot Sox



If you're a regular reader round these parts, you know that I work completely from home. To each their own, but I am definitely not the type to stay in my pjs all day, even if I do stay home when I work all day. This is a typical work all day from home carefree outfit for me. I don't feel as if I'm "at work" if I'm not dressed. I know it's all in my head, but I do feel like it affects my productivity. Working from home by yourself can be tough at times, so I as much as possible to make me feel like I'm in a work setting, not just my craft room! I also listen to a ton of podcasts to replace office/co-worker banter. (I highly recommend "Stuff Mom Never Told You" for some great feminist conversations and critiques)

So, normally I change into something comfortable that's still cute so I feel cute when I'm working, cause for me that matters, haha! I said in a pervious post how comfortable this new skirt is, and it's quickly become a staple.
Oh, and silly pattern socks are my thing right now. They make me happy! They're are the best, they have pretty much every pattern one could possibly think of in sock form. I even have coffee themed socks! I also have gnomes, glow in the dark skulls..the list goes on and on.

Happy Friday! How was your Halloween? I laid low for mine, eating candy and watching Frankenweenie and The Amityville Horror. Saving my party energy for tomorrow night! Me and the log are gonna get our drink on.

Love,
Midge

12 comments:

Elisa B said...

Oh my! Your socks! I'm checking hot sox out now and they have the most amazing socks! I'm a huge fan of fancy socks. My favourite ones are three pairs from an old H&M collection with a sweet doll face just on your toes. I just can't throw them out I love them! ;D Have fun tonight at your Halloween party!

Ali Mackin said...

Yes I laid low too, recovering from ora l surgery so no candy for me. Very cute look and love the pix too!

Ali of


www.dressingken.com

Kelsey said...

I used to collect funky socks and I've been dying to start up again! Those are too cute. Also, I've read a lot about working from home and how dressing like you're going to work is actually beneficial to your productivity. (And also to your confidence when you're sitting at home all day and still feel cute!)

Sonya said...

Perfect socks are perfect ^.^

Midge Blitz said...

It's very true! You should totally start collecting socks again, it's fun! haha

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks, I will! H&M has lots of fun foot wear too, those sound really cute

Midge Blitz said...

Truth. :)

Danielle Morgan said...

I love the quirkiness of this entire outfit, especially those socks!

What kind of job do you do from home?

Sonya Mann said...

Those socks are perfect! As a sewer, I WANTS 'EM. I also like the combination of patterns that you've got going on here :)

Jennifer @ grimmricksen said...

Sooo the only non-patterned socks I own are my exercise socks. I love knowing I have silly socks on under my work clothes.

Crissy said...

What a cute comfy outfit!! I love those socks

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks! I run an Etsy shop full time :)