Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Josie and the Pussycats


Top// Thrifted
Skirt// H&M
Tights// Target
Glasses// c/o Coastal
Boots// Timberland

I thrifted this top on my birthday, and it was the only thing that really caught my eye. Then I kinda forgot about it. I tried it on the other day and was reminded of the cartoon Josie and the Pussycats and I instantly regretted not making it a "Costume from my Closet" post. I could totally make a cat ear head band with some felt, too. Oh well! I really like the label too, for some reason.

 Now I have the strange urge to listen to the soundtrack of the movie from the early 2000's. Oh, how I loved that soundtrack circa age 11. From what I remember, even though I was barely in middle school, that album kind of kicked ass and wished they were a real band. I prooobably still have it. Oh and Parker Posey and Alan Cummings were the best villains EVER in that movie. Perf. Just saying. I'll stop now.

I thought I would keep the "cat" theme with winged eyeliner and my quintessential cat eye glasses. And of course, some vibrant tights. I went to target the other day and they have a plethora of brightly colored tights, all for 5 dollars each. You can't say no to just buying tights in every color at that price. Or at least I can't.

Hope your week is going swimmingly! I'm going to get my vintage typewriter tuned up, now. Because my life is just that quirky.

Love,
Midge

8 comments:

Midge Blitz said...

He's my favorite in everything

Danielle Morgan said...

Haha I just remembered that he released a fragrance a while back called, "Cumming".

Midge Blitz said...

YES he did! He's kind of awesome and hilarious.

Danielle Morgan said...

Doh. Tried to put a picture of him here but it didn't work. Oh well, there is always le Google!

Sonya Mann said...

Ahhhh, perfect! I remember loving the Josie segments in the Archie comics. That shirt is amazing and if it disappears it definitely wasn't me summoning it from California (accio leopard print!)

Sammi Cohen said...

Yes to all of these. Love this outfit, and oh dear god that movie was everything. Alan Cumming is my one gay man crush. And I listened to that soundtrack on repeat for months.

xox Sammi

www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

kimberly said...

Josie & the Pussycats!!! And Seth Green was in the really terrible boy band! Ug. Need to watch it right now! Great post!

http://thriftarchives.blogspot.com/

Celine said...

oh man! i used to love josie and the pussycats! and the blue streak in your hair is super awesome!