Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Saffron and Stripes



Dress// c/o Modcloth
Tights// HUE
Boots// Timberland 
Glasses// Kiss
Brooch// Handmade

It's so bright and sunny today! So I decided to wear something to match. I always forget that these boots are made by the same company that makes the work boots that burly men wear. But they are seriously one of my staples for the fall and winter and they have lasted me for 4 whole years now! I'm hard on my feet and shoes never last that long for me.

Did you know that when you put in bobby pins that you're supposed to put them in with the bumpy side facing your head? WOAH! I feel like me and everyone on earth has been doing it the wrong way our whole lives...look, my hair actually stays put now! I learned this from a podcast. Podcasts are my new favorite thing now. I listen to them all day long while packing orders and stuff. I love listening to people talk about interesting things. Some of my favorites are Stuff Mom Never Told You, This American Life, and Professor Blastoff. I've also been told that I need to listen to Welcome to Nightvale but I have yet to get the chance. Do you have any favorite you'd like to recommend? I'd love to give em a listen!

Well, I'm off to listen to Tig Notaro talk about the Apocalypse on Professor Blastoff! Oh podcasts, my new best friends.

Love,
Midge

11 comments:

Aubree said...

I love that dress with the color of those tights! And I'm so like you with boots - I buy one pair and wear them to death. I bought one last winter and I think I've worn them like 150 times already - even wore them hiking (my boyfriend thought I was crazy) and they still look good. Gotta love good boots!! :)

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

I looove listening to podcasts while I work, but I'm so picky about trying new ones--I just dig through the archives of my favorites! Haha. My faves are This American Life, RadioLab, Julie Klausner's How Was Your Week, and Your Dreams My Nightmares hosted by Sam Weber. :)

Kelsey said...

I never knew that about bobby pins either! Wtf! Also, I like listening to Stuff You Missed in History Class and The Atheist Experience. Two of my favorite podcasts. I'll def check out the ones you mentioned!

Midge Blitz said...

Ohh I love Stuff You Missed in History Class, too! There's sooo much interesting and relevant history out there that isn't talked about enough.

Midge Blitz said...

I do the same, I feel incomplete if I haven't heard EVERY EPISODE. I def check out the ones you mentioned, especially if you're picky, they must be awesome :D

Midge Blitz said...

Yes, these boots have been through alot!

Sadie said...

My boyfriend turned me on to Saw Bones (A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine). Although the show is about crazy-weird former practices from medical history, It is HI-LA-RIOUS

Midge Blitz said...

Oh, I've heard of Saw Bones but never gave it a listen...now I will, that totally sounds like my cup of tea.

Sonya Mann said...

Ahhh, so sunny! I wish I could pull off yellow. By the way, I got the hot pink envelope this morning! Thank you for sending me the zine :)

Kitsch Vixen said...

I just subscribed to Welcome to Nightvale. Haven't had a chance to listen, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it. I wish I could suggest some podcasts to you, but I've honestly never been a fan of just listening to spoken words. It's always either music or something that I can visualize (which is why it's taken me so long to even check out WtN, haha).

Jennifer @ grimmricksen said...

Bumpy side down? Mind blown. I mean, I've heard that you're supposed to push it in the opposite direction that seems right, but woah.