Thursday, November 7, 2013

Studio Tour Part 3 - "Stock Room"

Ok, so I don't have the room for a stock room, or closet. So my stock room is a "stock room". It's all over the place, but still organized! I have various boxes and organizers for all my products, scattered in different spots of the room.
 When I forst started making buttons, I kept all of them willy nilly in a mason jar. I don't know what made me think that was a good idea... these are much better.
 The glittery pink box is where I keep all my stickers! I got it from Walgreens, of all places.
 And I keep all my colorful patches in this little mint box, along side some extra business cards.


 I've just discovered the connivence and awesomeness of labeling things. Sometimes I can be a stubborn learner, ok? Also, button/mirror making parts have funny names.
 This drawer thing is my newest addition to my studio, and it has been a life saver! One drawer for a bit more storage makes a world of a difference. I got it from Target, and it's actually a nightstand. The whole thing was that light beige color, but I painted most of it with my handy dandy chalk board paint, and did the pink trim with washi tape! The chalkboard paint lets me decorate it how ever I want, and makes a great customizable back drop for some photos, where I can write my own captions in chalk! I got that idea from The A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book, which I HIGHLY recommend, btw.
I don't keep my buttons in mason jars any more, but they make great organizers for the parts to make buttons! That trusty button maker is one of my favorite items that I own.

Love,
Midge

9 comments:

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

Ahh, all your organization is so dreamy! I'm starting to outgrow my dinky set-up--I keep all my rings in a mason jar, too! Haha. I'm looking forward to transforming my basement into a studio set up with labeled boxes and drawers, too. :)

Kelsey said...

I love the organization! What kind of button maker do you use? I've been wanting to invest in one, but haven't really found one I've been able to decide on!

Danielle Morgan said...

I love photos of organized areas! That is so neat... a button maker! I've always wanted one but it will probably sit on my wish list a little longer. I really dig the stickers, what did you use to make those?

Sonya Mann said...

I want a button maker so much! Crafting jealousy for sure :)

Midge Blitz said...

Witchcraft! haha

Midge Blitz said...

I got mine from American Button Machines. It has a lifetime warranty!

Midge Blitz said...

Organization is kind of my hobby. And budgeting. I'm a Virgo.

Danielle Morgan said...

I knew I should have gone to Hogwarts! I bet they had an awesome craft class...

Jana said...

Great organizational skills! I keep my buttons and buttons parts organized the exact same way - thank goodness for craft boxes and mason jars!