Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I'm Still Here! // Update

Hey everyone! So, because my Etsy shop has been in full holiday mode, I kind of went on an accidental hiatus over here. Whoops. I guess 14 hour days will do that, hah!

I cannot express how thankful I am that I'm being kept so busy from people wanting to buy things I've designed and made. It will never not be mind boggling to me. I rarely seriously complain and when I do, I remind myself of that. Anyway, being as all my time is dedicated to etsy things now a days, I thought I would dedicate a post to some pictures I took documenting the awesome madness this past week and a half. Hopefully tomorrow I can scrounge up some time to do an outfit post and prepare for some Holiday DIYs!

My brooches and jewelry have definitely been the best sellers this season...I can't beleive how many I was able to make... I feel magical almost, haha. Most of these are already packed up and in transit. So many people will be wearing my things! Ahhh!


 Typewriter time! I like putting a little extra time and effort into my packaging for the holidays.



Packages galore! Pretty duct tape is my favorite thing ever. I cut a lot of my mailers in half to save a bit, and I seal them with any pretty pattern heavy duty tape I can find.

I know I'm working late and Mike comes home from the office and I'm still churning away. He's been very good at keeping me company and staying up with me in my office during all the all the late, laaaate nights.
Buttons!
 I was pleased to see it was snowing today, because I have no commute and it looks so pretty! Until I realized I was all out of printer ink and brooch pins and had to go out and get some. WOMP WOMP.
 More packaging eye candy...

That's all for now...hope you didn't miss me too much :)

Love,
Midge

6 comments:

Angel said...

Look at all those packages! Busy lady. :]

Gabriella Murray said...

Good work, Midge! You're killing it!


I know what you mean about being super busy but also thankful about it. Just think about all the people around the world that will be wearing your creations!

Kamila K said...

these are AWESOME!

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

I love posts like this. :) You're amazing, lady! <3 Your packaging has totally inspired me to up my own packaging game!


What printer do you have? Do you print all your own artwork with it? Do you like it? I've been asking all my crafty friends who own their own because I'm planning on making the investment in 2014. Being able to print on my own rather than outsource it all would really encourage me to be more creative with ideas for printed materials, I think.

Midge Blitz said...

Aw, thanks, I'm glad! Hope your shop is bustlin'! Yup, I use my printer on everything from shipping labels to prints. It's a Canon Pixma MX462. I have no complaints about it, though it is pretty middle of the road. There is room for improvement, but for now it's awesome. But I always stick with Canon for printers, they are definitely the best.

Neon Michelle said...

Pretty! Cutting mailers in half is actually genius. Love the colorful tape, too!