Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cabin Fever



























I've been feeling so "meh" and kind of uninspired and honestly just stuck lately. Being inside all this time from crappy weather is really getting to my psyche, and being as I'm at the tail end of moving out of this house finally, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I can feel myself starting to kind of lose it. I'm just so over living here and the routine of being in the suburbs. We are SO close to getting this condo and I'm getting so anxious for a change of pace and a new chapter in my life. Right now everything just feels so stale. And you guys, this place we found is kind of perfect. Really, it's effing great.

With how UGH I feel now, the fact that I have this awesome thing in my near future is keeping me going. It's almost here! I can't wait to share more once everything with this place is finalized and I have those much coveted keys in my hand. In the meantime I'll have to just power through this awful winter, stuck inside all this stale air and setting. Blah.

I just gotta keep reminding myself that even though I feel oh so very stuck in a rut now, that I'm seriously doing everything in my power to get myself out of it. My dream life is in the horizon. So that is what's keeping my chin up right now. It's good to have something big to look forward to.

What do you do to beat winter/stuck in a rut blues? I'm getting a haircut friday at Fringe so I think that will help a bit.

Love,
Midge in this vague mirror self portrait. 

9 comments:

Theo N. said...

Awwh, feel better! Drink lots of tea, have some Girl Scout Cookies, and chill out! Best of luck and all that on the move.

Jenna | KittyCatStevens.com said...

ahhhh, hang in there babe! it's always hard when you're stuck in that weird in between limbo (plus the winter blues it's a wonder anyone can get out of bed!) <3 i recently started meeting up with my friend/fellow blogger/shop owner Zie every week or so and it's been so helpful at keeping me inspired, motivated, and fighting the madness. i hadn't realized how bogged down and cooped up i felt until after we started these meet ups to talk about blogging and being female entrepreneurs and what not. anyway, i dk if there is anyone like that near you but hey if you ever start going too cuckoo let me know and we could do something fun like skype or whatver! anyway, good luck with the condo— i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Marlee Grace said...

i've been reading 'the artists way' by julia cameron. it's brings you through a 12 week course in getting creatively unstuck. it's incredible! and tough! but seriously one of the best things i've ever done for myself.

Gawly Gee said...

Winter rut for sure. I have so many plans once the weather is nicer but I'm definitely feeling the daily grind. My boyfriend lives in the suburbs and he wants me to move there! I can't really imagine : /

Midge Blitz said...

It's such a good idea to talk about these thing with like minded people, such a good idea! If I ever do feel like I'm about the fall off the edge of sanity I'll let you know, haha. Thank you so much for your encouraging words, and for crossing your fingers for me! <3

Midge Blitz said...

hmmm I'll have to look into that!

Midge Blitz said...

yeah, it can get a tad boring round these parts.

Midge Blitz said...

Ooooh, gs cookies...

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks for the tips Isabelle! I drink sooo much tea, it's so soothing. Yeah, I think I just need to move around more, get those endorphins going, ya know?