Friday, February 28, 2014

Half Birthday



Dress// Anthropologie
Tights// Target
Shoes// Jellypop
Glasses// Coastal 




Do you celebrate half birthdays? I sorta do. I think it's fun. Today I'm 25 and a half. Officially mid-20's...eek!
Also I got an indoor light for my photos, as you might have noticed a slight lighting change here, but one of the bulbs burst into smithereens already and I have no idea why. I can tell you that it scared the living daylights out of me and now I have an irrational fear of it. I'm not sure what to do.

Anyways, I'm kind of on my way out but before I go I want to let you know that I'll be tabling at NYC Feminist Zinefest tomorrow! If you're in the area, you should stop by. I'll have all my zines with me, as well as some buttons and and brand new zine I finished today that's not even in my shop yet. It's my third perzine and its scans of one of my old sketch books and little tidbits about them. I'm pretty happy with it! I'm really overly critical about my zine body-of-work so when I really like one, I get super excited about it. I'm pumped to table tomorrow, zinefests are such a blast for me. If you're there, come say hi!

Love,
Midge


9 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think it's totally a rational fear if the bulb actually did burst at one point! Great blog and good luck at Zinefest! <3

http://thriftarchives.blogspot.com/

reagan said...

happy half birthday ;)

Jackie B. said...

Halfy Birthday! Those glasses are too good.

Kerri Waller said...

OMG, I thought I was the only person to celebrate my half birthday! You just became an instant favorite of mine! Wicked in love with your outfit! :)

Kerri Heritage said...

Can't say I'm a half birthday celebrator.

Woah, I thought my electrics were weird... your lightbulb actually burst, that's never happened to me. I'm pretty sure we have dodgy wiring in our house because we blow so many lightbulbs it's unreal. We have one light fixture with one less bulb in so it doesn't blow them all the time :(

Not that I'm saying you have dodgy electrics. Don't panic ;)

I'm seeing lots and lots about zines lately, it's very interesting. I might have to spend some time looking into this zine thing!

Enjoy!

~ K
bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

Sammi Cohen said...

Happy 1/2 birthday, friend! You look freaking gorgeous in these and I can't get over how much I love your hair/glasses combo.


xox Sammi

Neon Michelle said...

That dress is so cute! Love the buttons and the print. I've only celebrated my half birthday once, when some friends put together a surprise half birthday party while we were on vacation. Since it was 6 months away from my actual birthday I was legitimately surprised!

lisa said...

Haha- my 1/2 birthday was on the 26th (yay August bdays!) and I definitely mention it each year ;) Love this look- your hair is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme.
Did you develop this amazing site yourself? Please reply
back as I'm looking to create my very own site and want to know where you got this from or what the theme is called.

Thank you!

Feel free to visit my web blog: Hermes Silk Scarf Sale