Friday, February 21, 2014

My Stuff // Twin Peaks Teapot

Ok, you guys. I just got this back all fired and finished from the pottery shop. You're gonna die (if you're a Twin Peaks fan) prepare for some serious nerding out starting...NOW.







It's my Twin Peaks teapot! I've been working on this baby for a few months and its finally done. It may be my favorite pottery piece I've ever painted. I I've painted a TON of things, I used to work at that friggin place.

I usually (well, not really, this segment has only one other post) feature a few things in My Stuff but this teapot is just so cool and detailed that I feel it deserves it's own post. Having it amongst the rest of my collectables with diminish it's awesomeness.




























I feel almost blasphemous drinking TEA out of this thing instead of some damn fine good black coffee. Though, it is a tea pot, I could technically drink coffee from it now that I actually think about it...and have my own personal coffee pot (fish free!) At the same time, I think I will display it more than use it. I could see myself dropping it when washing/handling it and I would cry forever if that happened.


























I think my only regret is not putting the teeny tiny logs on the pot handle. I think I was going to but I forgot. I am very happy with how the inside of the cup came out, though. It's exactly how I wanted them to look, like the red curtains in the black lodge.



Bottoms up!

Love,
Midge

12 comments:

Jenna | KittyCatStevens.com said...

damn fine teapot! and now i'm craving cherry pie ;)

Midge Blitz said...

Full Disclosure: I've never had cherry pie! I'm a bad Twin Peaks fanatic. haha

Kimberly said...

This is AMAZING!!! You could do an entire series of these!

http://thriftarchives.blogspot.com/

Josie Spicer said...

This is incredible. I think if I could get away with it I'd make everything in my entire house look like the black lodge.

Nancy Wilde said...

This is surreal! Coolest teapot everrr!

shauna rowley said...

Wow, this is INSANE. Every single detail is amazing!

Jenna | KittyCatStevens.com said...

haha i never had cherry pie until a few months ago so no hard feelings ;) i found a delicious tart cherry pie at trader joe's so if you feel like remedying the situation i highly recommend theirs <3

kitty kaos said...

Wow that is soooo cool love me some twin peaks and I ♥ tea . So both combined wow x

Jess Buckley said...

This is so cool! I'm obsessed with paint your own pottery places, and you did an awesome job! I've never seen twin peaks, but I know there are tons of fans out there, so it must be good. I will have to find a way to watch it!

Neon Michelle said...

This looks SO good! I especially love the tiny logs on the handle.

Kerri Heritage said...

Such a cute teapot!

Meredith Atkinson said...

ohh goodness. this is too cute.