Friday, February 7, 2014

Paris // Eiffel Tower

I'm finally getting around to posting my pictures from Paris! Only took me a couple of month. To my credit, going though all the pictures and editing and deleting was kind of daunting because I took like 1,000 photos over the week being there.

I went with my roommates (also know as mom and dad) over Thanksgiving. We skipped a dumb holiday to go to France. My family is the coolest.
Besides being cold all the time for walking outside everywhere, it was without a doubt the best trip of my life. Everything was just WOAH. All the monuments and art, and yeah, the food. So much wine. And even more cheese. And souffles. The coffee is great there, too.

So, I thought I'd separate posts by location, rather than date. Of course this one is the Eiffel Tower. I'd figure I'd start off with the most quintessential Paris thing first. I was so surreal seeing something like this for the first time! I'll never make fun of tourist in New York gawking at the Empire State Building ever again, because now I know how they feel! This photo below os the first time I saw the tower, which was on a separate day and completely by surprise. It was the day we arrived and I was in the escalator in the Pompidou Museum (which I affectionately called the hamster tube museum) and out of nowhere I look out and there it is! I FREAKED like a little kid. My mom said that was her favorite moment of the trip, seeing me excited like that. How precious.


The rest of these are totally artsy black and white pictures. Enjoy! I might post through out the weekend with more Parisian things, if ya don't mind ;)





















































I'll end this post with my most favorite Instagram selfie ever:





Love,
Midge

5 comments:

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

UGH IM SO JEALOUS! lol. I've always imagined what it would be like to see the Eiffel Tower in person like that. It must be absolutely amazing. Someday I will get there. I'd love to do a full Europe tour one day.

Kelsey Abercrombie said...

So sweet that that was your mom's favorite moment of the trip! One of my good friends moved to Paris two years ago and I'm dying to visit her one day!

Jennifer @ grimmricksen said...

<--- Jealous

Sammi Cohen said...

Beautiful! We went to Paris when I was in the fourth grade (my dad had a gig playing over there), but I don't remember much of it. I hope to go back now that I can appreciate it!


xox Sammi

Regina Falange said...

Lol "hamster tube museum" that's exactly what I always think of when I see the Atomium in Belgium, it's such an amazing building, but I can't help but picture giant hamsters running through it ^_^