Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Greetings From Mars


Skirt// H&M
Tights & Socks// Target
Sunglasses// Modcloth (old)
Shoes// Vans

This set is my first time taking photos in public alone, with people around, and nothing horrible happened! OMG! I have faced the fear. Anxiety: defeated.
This t-shirt is so cool, and it happens to belong to Mike. His mom buys him alllll the cool shirts for birthdays and Christmas. I usually just swipe his shirts to wear to bed, but the fit of this one is actually really nice and tunic-like. So, I wore it out. The basic black H&M skirt I got for like 2 cents is the perfect addition to add length to where it almost looks like one piece. Almost. But also not to mention the cool design, I love retro typography like old postcards.

In retrospect, these pictures seems really sporty/baseball-y, with the sneakers, knee socks, and hanging out on the bleachers. Which actually wasn't my intention, but it seemed to work out well!

Love,
Midge

12 comments:

reagan said...

I always steal my husband's shirts, men's clothes are somehow just comfier. I love this though, it really does just look like a tunic, I wouldn't have known it wasn't if you hadn't said so. Also, hooray for getting over the anxiety of taking pictures alone in public!

-Reagan

Sian Morgan said...

Love this outfit, I definitely thought you were just wearing a tunic/dress not a shirt & skirt. You look great. I have taken pictures in public once, but was a little nervous and goofy so I haven't done it again! :)

Jessie said...

Congrats on your first solo public shoot! I've still yet to conquer that fear, but I know it will happen. I love love love your outfit. It's so simple, but really fun!

Harlynn said...

Love this outfit!!
That's a great steal you got for that skirt.
I know what you mean about feeling strange taking pictures in public with people around, haha. Then after you start, you realize it's no biggie! c:


<3
Harlynn
mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

Jackie B. said...

I feel so goofy taking pictures in public and am always on guard waiting for someone to approach me about it but no one does. I'll stick with the whole, "I'm a photography student" excuse if they do though. I don't know why saying it's for my blog sounds so silly.

Kerri Heritage said...

Great job in your first solo shoot! The pictures have turned out great :)
I actually thought it was a one piece until you said so, haha. I'm likely the little sparkle of the socks too.


~ K

Gawly Gee said...

Congrats on facing your fear! Maybe this will inspire me to do the same!

Gabriella Murray said...

Oh my god - no way! We kinda photographed the outfits the same too, what with the fence. That's kinda freaky! haha

x

Midge Blitz said...

Hooray! Why are men's shirts just the best? haha

Midge Blitz said...

Thank-you! And yeah, it's really not that bad at all. No one really stares because most people are normal and know that staring is rude. haha!

Midge Blitz said...

Yes, do it! Your photos look great regardless, I love your style :D

Kitsch Vixen said...

Hooray for defeating anxiety!