Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Midge Longstocking







I'm feeling myself becoming more and more into separates lately. I'm finding that I'm browsing t-shirts and skirts online more than dresses nowadays. Which is good, I like how my style is always evolving and changing, and with separates it's even more fun to experiment because there's more articles to mix together. With warmer weather on it's way I'm excited to put together layers looks that don't need a coat, so I can wear outfits like this and be comfortable. (I was obviously a bit chilly when taking these, it's still quite cold here)

My main art background is in graphic design, so I'm a huge typography nerd. This shirt speaks to me for obvious reasons, haha. I love the "classroom" look and aesthetics such as alphabets like this, stamped library cards, and lined yellow paper.

So pairing this shirt with knee socks, school-girl-ish shoes and thick framed glasses, and I am a happy camper. My socks weren't meant to be at two different lengths, but I like how they look regardless. Kind of reminds me of Pippy Longstocking!

Love,
Midge


Shirt// c/o W Concept Skirt// H&M Tights + Socks// Target Shoes// Modcloth Jacket// Army Surplus Bag// Marc Jacobs Glasses// Ray Ban



9 comments:

Lauren Douglas said...

I just bought these tights from Target! Niiiice! :)
Love your hair!

Sammi Cohen said...

This outfit is sooo great. I love the shirt, and those tights! Also, idk if you'd have any interest, but Flock Together is looking for new members, and I think you'd be an awesome addition... :)


xox Sammi

Taylor said...

Yellow is my all time favorite color and you can't go wrong with classic black. I do believe you resemble the cutest little bumbble bee I've seen!

Midge Blitz said...

Ahhh I would love to! I'll apply soon :)

Kerri Heritage said...

It is an awesome shirt :)
Two different lengths, that's how all the cool kids are wearing their socks ;)

Mona said...

Very cool look! Love your shoes!

Crissy said...

I love the shirt! :D I need to get into buying separates more.. especially for summer. I really love your layering!

CuddlyCacti said...

oh man you are gorgeous girl! i love your short hair & the yellow tights w/ the black is just perfect here. i'm loving the seperates so much more lately too for the same reason. also, sorry for my comment spam, we were raving on you over on the Flock Together fbook group so i had to pop over and say hello.

Neha Patil said...

The look is amazing. I loved those tights and knee high socks. They are complimenting the entire look. I would surely buy myself an pair of those knee high socks online.