Thursday, March 13, 2014

Scatterbrain Zine #3 // The Sketchbook Series

 I just came out with the third issue of my perzine, Scatterbrain! It's old scans of my sketchbook from 2007-2009. It's easier for me to make perzines with visual aid. I speak better with visuals, so I think I may be done with trying to force myself to write a whole bunch for my zines. It's kind of not my bag. But writing about old sketches and collages, where I was at that point in my life, actually comes easy to me. And sometimes I just let the visuals speak for themselves. I'm definitely much more of an art zinester. I can't wait to come out with more of these, I think I'll get started on another one today!

I thought it would be clever to make the front and backs of the zines the same as the actual sketch book it's based on. I sometimes get stuck on what to put on covers, so this is perfect.
It feels so weird sometimes to go through old journals and sketches and stuff. But I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I'm pretty proud of how this came out. it's entirely cut and paste and type out with my typewriter.



Some of the elements of a sketchbook are hard to convey in zine form, but oh well. I'll just post some pictures of them here instead.

So, if you're interested in taking a peek at my little college-age musings, you can pick up a copy of the zine in my etsy shop, right here!

Love,
Midge

6 comments:

kitty kaos said...

Love zines sucks that they are not as popular anymore so totally going to check out your etsy :) xx

Jess Buckley said...

I love this Midge! You're so creative. I'm so happy to own the zine that I got from you a while back. I wish I could pull things like this together :)

Midge Blitz said...

Aw thanks so much

Midge Blitz said...

yay! :)

Kerri Heritage said...

These are so cool. Sometimes artistic people have all the fun ;)

Sonja Katanic said...

ZINE IS AMAZING. Wow it's so rad, definitely going to check you out on etsy!!!