Thursday, March 20, 2014

Smell Ya Later, Winter!

This is kind of a spur-of-the-momnet post (but sometimes those are the best ones, amiright?) Being as today marks the first day of Spring, I though I would post this photo I snapped a few weekends ago of the Long Island sound with its lovely frozen chunks. I say lovely literally and sarcastically, while they look cool, they represent one of the roughest Winters we've ever had. I was almost looking at them in disgust. Like, I was offended by them. I've never seen ice like this in my life! This season was very mentally taxing on me. Now, my home life is by no means actually terrible. I have a very loving family, we get along very well for the most part. But nothing makes you feel more "stuck" than literally being stuck inside, in the house you grew up in, whilst being on the absolute end of your rope in terms of the dead end town you live in, that offers me absolutely nothing, piled on top of out-bids on condos, our way outta here. But today, even though it is still COLD, it is officially, on paper, OVER. Cabin fever has bit the dust, and the ice has melted. Spring has brought be a new home, hopefully.

It's perfect that things are moving forward with our condo right at the beginning of Spring, my favorite transitional time of the year, how fitting that I make one of the biggest changes of my life around this time. Things are still pending and in  progress at this point, so I don't want to giveaway too much or jinx anything here.

So, here's to Spring! I welcome all that you bring to me with a giant you-know-what eating grin. I'M SO READY.

Love,
Midge

2 comments:

Kerri Heritage said...

I admit, we had a pretty easy winter this year in Belgium, but I can completely see where you are coming from.


Good luck with your condo!! So exciting and a perfect time of the year for change :)

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you Kerri! :)