Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Walking is Still Honest



Shirt// Generation Records in NYC, years ago. 
Cardigan// Andrew Marc (old)
Jeans// Modcloth
Boots// Bass
Coat// Modcloth (sold out)
Necklace// Modcloth (also sold out...womp!)
Bag// Marc Jacobs


Against Me! has been one of my favorite bands of all time for about decade now. And being as (in my opinion, and many others') they just came out with their best album yet, I had the urge to dig this t-shirt out of my band shirt archive and start rocking it again. It's one of the few punk band shirts from my high school years I own that I would (and do) still wear today.


I never really got the chance to show off my bags and outer-wear on the blog, being as I feel weird posing with a coat, scarf, and bag on in my bedroom, but in actual public environments it feels so much more natural. I have so many cool jackets and bags that no one on this blog has ever seen before, and I'm anxious to put together awesome looks with all of them now!

Anywho, I RARELEY wear jeans, on my blog and in real life. I actually just recently posted my first outfit with actual jeans here. But those were old, and honestly weren't my favorite thing. I love high waisted looks on everything, and I found myself craving a style change of pace, so trying out jeans again I though would be a good idea. I was right, these pants are kind my new favorite clothing article at this time. And I've never tried out high waisted pants before, and they are a perfect fit for me. I even bought two pairs of these because they fit so perfect. These in black, and I also have dark wash blue. My mom actually pressured me into buying a second pair because they're so awesome, haha! This might be a bit TMI but I have chronic butt crack issues with every pair of pants I've owned, even mid-rise pairs. But these awesomely high waisted babies totally cut out that little...issue. (I swear to god, I think I have a abnormally high butt crack..ok, yeah, this is definitely TMI)

I think I'll end this post on that lovely note. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Love,
Midge


15 comments:

Amber Indoe said...

i LOVE Against Me!

Sammi Cohen said...

This is such a great outfit on you! I'm also so in love with how you're doing your hair these days!


xox Sammi

Crissy said...

OOOO!! Love the whole outfit.. pretty! :D That is the same reason I made the change to high waisted pants LOL I love high waist so much!!

Gawly Gee said...

Woo AM! They new album is pretty amazing. My brother lives in Brooklyn and took me to Generation Records a couple of years ago. Now I stop there every time I visit him. There aren't record stores like that In St Louis. We have a few but not like this place.
The jeans look great! I love high waist jeans too. So flattering and comfortable. I've seen a few people comment on how awesome these particular ones are. I might have to pick up a pair.

Sarah M Osier said...

Your hair is perfect! How do you get it to look like that?

Kelsey said...

I've loved Against Me! since middle school but haven't even listened to their new album! I missed when they came on tour recently ;( And omg, I totally have butt crack issues and my husband always says I must have a really high crack hahaha. I've wanted these jeans for SO LONG!! They look perfect on you! When I get rid of this baby weight in a couple of months, I'm totally buying myself the same two pairs haha. They're actually on my "post pregnancy" wishlist. :)

Jenn said...

+10 cool points for Against Me! I totally agree with you on the new album. It's fantastic. Also with you on the pants issue. Discovering high-waisted jeans was the best thing that ever happened to me (slight exaggeration, but you know). I love how bright that coat is!

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks! I scrunch some curl enhancing cream into it while it's wet and let it air dry and voila!

Sarah M Osier said...

Do you use anything specific or have a favorite?

Midge Blitz said...

Yeah, I use the Organix stuff, it comes in a light blue bottle. Their sea salt spray is great, too!

Sarah M Osier said...

Thank Midge! You are the best!

elycia watson said...

I am crazy in love with your hair. Also, yes to those jeans! I just got the black ones in the mail today bringing my grand total to three different pairs. They are just too good!

Kerri Heritage said...

Love this!
It is a lovely coat! You should definitely showcase some more of them.
It's probably not your butt crack but jeans get lower and lower these days. Of the jeans I have that are regular waisted, the newest one I'm always running the risk of a builders butt ;)

Bambi Kṛṣṇā Dāsī said...

Oh you pretty thing, you. I LOVE your haircut and your face. I could never look that cute haha.

littlegrimoire.com/blog

CuddlyCacti said...

oh man, these are amazing on you!! seriously, i keep hoping to just thrift stumble across some perfeclty high waisted jeans and it's not happening so i might have to change that. i love that your mom pressured you into getting a second, totally something my mom would do (or try to do) too. do you have sort of a big butt? i ask bcuz my bff has that prob w/ pants and that's why. either way, just wear these forever bcuz you look amazing! i'll have to check this band out too. what are some of your other old favs? i'd love to hear. my very fav still from HS is Belle & Sebastian.