Monday, April 7, 2014

We're Home Owners!!!!!

Here's my big news......

 WE GOT OUR HOBOKEN CONDO!!! All of our hard work has finally paid off and we closed on our place on Friday. We even got the keys before then and I attacked our real estate agent with a giant hug.

Our place is perfect. It's the best place we've seen on our extensive hunt, without a doubt. The building was built in 1908, and lots of the old original stuff is still there. It's old charm galore (can you say claw foot tub and tin ceilings?!) It's a rail car style layout and our bedroom has a NYC view.

After getting outbid twice on places we loved, and all the late nights filing all of the various paper work (mortgage people = BEASTS) all of our hard work and saving, and hunting for the perfect place has got us to this amazing point and I could not be happier. I'm very proud of us and the fact that WE CAN DO HARD THINGS AND STUFF.

I took some pictures yesterday, which I'll share probably tomorrow. It's gonna be a hectic next couple of weeks, we have a lot to plan on moving in being as all of our stuff is in separate houses, and we need to order new stuff, get a plumber to come in a and fix some things, and get cable and internet hooked up, and PHEW. We spent the weekend picking stuff from Ikea and then cleaning the place, it was quite dirty. I spent a lot of time cursing it's previous owners. More on that on a later date. Here's a little preview of the place... our view of the WTC!


Love,
Midge

19 comments:

Katzi said...

Congratulations!!!

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

Omg!!! Claw foot tub and tin ceilings?! All the little glimpses you've shared so far look so cute. I'm so excited to see more! It always makes me happy when beautiful old places like that get good owners who appreciate all the details. :) I know you guys have been hunting and stressing for ages, so I'm super happy for you! <3

Gawly Gee said...

How exciting! That's very cool, congrats! Though I don't want to start owning a home yet my boyfriend and I are moving in to an apartment together this summer! I look forward to decorating and buying new fun things for the place. I'm sure you'll have so much fun making your new home, yours!

reagan said...

yay! congratulations! so excited to see photos, this place sounds dreamy!

weirdklown said...

congrats!! How exciting!

Kitsch Vixen said...

Congrats! Super jealous of the claw foot tub! I'm so happy for you two!

Lexi Singer said...

Congratulations! Tin ceilings and a claw foot tub, sounds like you got an amazing place!

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you so much, Michelle! It means a lot. And yes, we looove the old charm, something tells me the people who were there before us didn't appreciate it as much, it's gone negleted. Nothing my insane cleaning skills can't fix though, haha.

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you!!!

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you! And yes I already ordered all of our ikea stuff, I can't wait to make a whole place MINE (ours, whatever, my parter can have some say I guess lol)

Midge Blitz said...

It's so coool. Thank you!

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you so much!!

Midge Blitz said...

My tub is my new baby. Thank you so much!

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you! <3

Sammi Cohen said...

YAYYY! And omg claw foot tub and tin ceilings... I'm dying already. I can't wait to see photos!!!! Congratulations, lady!


xox Sammi

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you!!!

Neon Michelle said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. Good luck with the moving in process - remember to enjoy it!

Midge Blitz said...

I sure will! Even during the stressful parts i'm still smiling :D thank you!!

Kerri Heritage said...

Awesome!! I'm looking forward to changing my internet page and checking out the photos ;) The view is amazing too.
It's great to finally be finished with adult things and now you can just enjoy it all.