Thursday, May 22, 2014

Queen Bee



I've had both of these main pieces forever. Both designers are quite different, but sometimes I feel like the same crowd gravitate toward both Fred Perry and Betsey Johnson. They're like the designers for "alternative" folks. I kind of hate saying that term but I lack a better word.



It's quite rainy here in Joisey today, hopefully I can still take my daily walk. I've been doing that lately, its always invigorating and gives me a good opportunity to explore my new hood. I have the most awesome raincoat still in the mail, it's one of those clear ones. It's not supposed to get here til June though, blaaaah. My life, it's hard you guys.

Anyway, our pool opens this weekend! Oh yeah, did I mention out building has a POOL? Summer is well on it's way and I'm becoming part fish. Nothing better than living in a city and being able to take dip on a hot day after running errands. I grew up with an above ground pool in my backyard and it was so awesome (until it got old and began to give out and we had to say bye bye when I it my late teens) So I'm really looking forward to having a pool whenever I want for the summers again. Everytime I see my swimsuit peeking out in my drawer I get so pumped to sit by the pool and listen to Cannonball by the Breeders. YEEEAH!

Love,
Midge


Top// Fred Perry Skirt// Betsey Johnson Tights// Target Shoes// Modcloth (sold out, similar hereBackpack// Some no name, no tag (similar here)

4 comments:

Rebekah Bradford said...

Your hair is adorable and I just love those tights!

Izzy McLeod said...

This look is super cute, I love that skirt <3

The Quirky Queer

Kerri Heritage said...

Ahh swimming! Just the thought of it gives me the creeps. Too much water for my likely, and I'm seriously lacking in the swimming ability category.
No name, no tag - That's the best kind of brand haha ;)

Sophierocious said...

Super cute! My summer goal is to learn how to swim. Luckily, my new apartment has a pool so I foresee lots of pool days in my future!