Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Living Room Part One

So I think my living room is finally at the point where I can share it! I'm in the school of thought that a room is never really "done" but this is what it looks like right now, which I'm pleased with for the most part. (Still need more lighting, some curtains, and possibly more shelving) (eventually) (one thing at a time, here)


My couch set up, and the beginnings of a gallery wall. It just felt so good to have things on the wall at all. We went with blank walls for quite some time out of laziness, and most of our walls are still blank. That'll change with time.
 This room is very, uh, Ikea. Lots of Ikea things. We're in our 20's it's only natural.






I'm glad I decided to get these clear trays for the coffee tables, to contain all of my things. I had no idea about the usefulness of trays until now! Also, yeah, some of these photos were totally taken on different days, you may notice a slightly different arrangement of the coffee table, haha.

I ended up taking tons of photos in this room, so stay tuned for part two :)

Love,
Midge


12 comments:

Erica Sunshine Edwards said...

i love it! i especially like the mix with the striped pillows, and the polka dot rug.

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

So cute! I love the black and white pattern mixing. I can't wait until our Ikea finally opens next year. Our house will be tricked out with all the things. 8)

Mommie Dearest said...

Love it! Very chic, colorful & interesting! And, most important.......very you!

Sydney Davis said...

I think it looks great! I like the little accents :)

Becky Bedbug said...

Your home is so beautiful! Ours is all Ikea too but it just looks like student accommodation. Yours looks like an actual home.

Sophierocious said...

Love the polka-dot rug!

Gawly Gee said...

Your living room is so cute! I just purchased an Ikea entertainment center. It's my very first Ikea purchase because the closest one is about 5 hours away. Is that rug from Ikea? I want a nice area rug for my living room as well but I want to be a kind of hip pattern. You can't go wrong with dots!

Kerri Heritage said...

My whole house is very ikea haha
Also I admire people who can decorate their coffee tables - mines always to messy for some fancy decoration :)

Ali Koehler said...

oh hey cool poster

Midge Blitz said...

oh hey, thanks! <3

Midge Blitz said...

haha trust me, the reason i have the trays is cause I have too much crap and need to contain all of it. Also, its a mess right now, cause there aren't any pictures being taken of it ;)

Delores Harshaw said...

Your living room looks so cozy and awesome! I love all the details and pops of color.