Thursday, June 12, 2014

Living Room Part Two

Here's the other half of my living room tour!
I guess you would call this my "entertainment center". All the sweet equipment I luckily inherited from my dad. Whenever he gets new fancy stereo stuff, I get the hand me downs. It rules.
I'm so proud of the side table we got for 5 dollars. I'm going to paint the legs a cool green color soon! The chair and ottoman are from my parent's house, they no longer has the space for them. I covered them up with a very black lodge-y slip cover and a throw blanket, underneath they're a striped maroon pattern, which doesn't really go with the rest of the room's extreme quirk, haha.

It's funny, cause I said in the last tour post that I never really feel a room is "done" because I'm constantly re-arranging things, because this mantle already looks different by the time I'm posting this picture of it. I moved the aloe plant in the kitchen and added a bunch of books and knick knacks to the top shelf. The bottom one remains, holding Mike's enormous rock collection, which definitely deserves it's own blog post.





















































Love,
Midge

3 comments:

Justine said...

It looks so cute and cozy. I also am in love with your mantle. I so badly want to move into an apartment with a fireplace, working or not, I don't care I just want the beautiful mantle and woodwork and architecture of it.

Claire Ann said...

Great style!

Kerri Heritage said...

Super cute. I'm afraid my house is too boring for a room tour ;)