Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Stuff // Vintage Finds

I love hunting for cool old crap at flea markets, thrift stores, vintage and antique shops (and the occasional curb find on big garbage day...don't judge, it's free). It's the thrill of the hunt that I love and rummaging through crap to find something awesome. So, I'm sharing some of my favorite finds with ya today!
 This typewriter is my most recent purchase, it got it from the vintage store a couple of blocks from my place. It was on sale when I first saw and and I still passed and a couple weeks later it was still there so I impulsively bought it. I'm so happy I did, it's beeeeeauitful!
 I got this old lunch box at the same store on the same day as I got the typewriter. I just like having things like this that add a little something to a plain side table, ya know?
Ok, my beloved "record crates". I got these for free from a stationary store that was going out of business. They had alllll of their stuff outside for people to take and I was like a kid in a candy store. I got four of these, one on each color. They really add a nice pop of color to the room. As if it really needs it, my living room is pretty colorful. (We also got a side table and a shelf things, but they're just basic ikea type things)
 I think they looks so cool and retro! I was so proud of my find.
This print is from the same vintage store. I love the weirdo retro sci-fi vibes, something both me and Mike can appreciate on our wall :)
I've shared this globe before, but hey. I got it from the thrift store on Long Island for 5 smack-a-roos! I want to start collecting vintage globes, I also want to find one of those light-up ones!
 Last but not least, my little owl buddies! Also from the thrift store on Long Island. My favorite thing about them is the little gold details.

Love,
Midge

10 comments:

Chloe Renee said...

I LOVE everything. I really love how the records look in the shopping baskets.

Ginger. virtualdistortion.com said...

Hiya Midge, What kind of things do you type up on your typewriter? I wanted to tell you about something awesome that my friends do that have a typewriter.... whenever they order food from a delivery service they spend most of the waiting time writing a note for the delivery guy. They put movie, book, and music recommendations... stories.. whatever. It's such a blast!
I have a couple shopping baskets too. love them...
Great finds :) see ya around! ~Ginger

Midge Blitz said...

Hi Ginger! Well, the orange one needs a new ribbon, so nothing yet. But I do like making personalized birthday cards and things like that with my other typewriter! I love your delivery guy story, thats such a nice idea! I bet they really appreciate that sorta thing :)

Erica Sunshine Edwards said...

those owls are so adorable!

Tessa said...

I love digging for fun, little, antiques, too! I find department stores sometimes a drag, because I don't get to dig, haha. I also love that typewriter (I hope it works!). I have a pastel blue Smith-Corona that's almost exactly like that that I'm putting in my shop later this week! Also, love what you did with that old lunch box. :-)



themadmod.blogspot.com

Kerri Heritage said...

"cool old crap" - the perfect description :)
The little owl buddies are super cute!! And I'm not so sure about putting my sandwiches in that lunchbox hehe

Jenna | KittyCatStevens.com said...

i just got some new typewriter ribbon on amazon for like, $6 bucks and free shipping! mine is a vintage smith-corona that i bought online. when i got home, i discovered that it's actually a cursive typewriter— i was so pleasantly surprised. it's so fun typing up notes and making pages for my handmade books with it!

Nancy Wilde said...

The globe is amazing, reminds me of my childhood, all that craving for wanderlust...
The typewriter is sooo pretty, it looks a feature from Mad Men!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I want a globe as well! I spotted a good one a few months ago, but didn't get it since I didn't have a place for it. Now that I'm moving out, I wish I had gotten it! I have two typewriters that I will probably use to decorate with at some point, though!

Midge Blitz said...

Oooh a cursive typewriter is totally on my list now. How cool!