Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer Look

I loooove this color and pattern combo. I've been really into black and white, paired with bright colors these days. I recently bought this striped overall dressy but accidentally had it shipped to my parents house, so I guess the next time I'm see that is fathers day weekend, haha.
It's super rainy these past couple of days, but I'm kind of enjoying it, sometimes I can find rainy weather to be very relaxing (until I have to go buy groceries later, we'll see how that goes). But I love the sound of it and the after rain smell. Am I weird?



























Last night I got a huge burst of inspiration for new things to make for my etsy shop, so I think I'll be working on that all day. I'm pumped! I love it when little bursts like that happen, obviously I love being creative so when it's at it's peak so am I.



























I love this picture because it reminds me of the opening credits of one of my favorite movies "But I'm a Cheerleader".

Love,
Midge

Top// H&M (cut into a crop)  Skirt// Thrifted (similar)  Socks// F21  Bracelet// Pixie and Pixier Shoes// Blowfish

2 comments:

Ell Hamilton said...

I love "But I'm a Cheerleader!" My bestie and I used to rent it all the time in high school.

You're definitely not alone on the after-rain smell thing. There's even a word for it- petrichor, "The distinctive scent which accompanies the first rain after a long warm dry spell."

Justine said...

I love the skirt. Bright colors are so fun for fall! This inspires me to want to pop more color into my wardrobe and brighten things up with a skirt/shirt combo like yours.