Thursday, July 31, 2014

Photo Diary// At Home + Around Town

 
I loooove retro signs like these. Theres tons of them around town. Maybe I'll make a post dedicated to them soon!
 I get a nice view of the Empire State Building on my (almost daily) walk down to the post office to drop of my packages.
 One of the piers by us has movie nights on a big projector (like a drive in theater but not) and they serve drinks have have food trucks and stuff. How cool is this freakin town?! I can't even deal.
 My Blue Q lamp and trinket box. I can't get enough of their stuff.

 I saw this ikea hack herb garden else where on the internet and I had to give it a shot..we cook a lot (and makes lots of minty cocktails) so it's going to come in real handy. It also looks real cool. All you need is a tension rod, these pots from ikea, and the hooks. I got the potted herbs from my local supermarket!
Counter things...I baked whole wheat flour chocolate chip cookies, which was my first time baking cookies from scratch ever and they came out really good. Honestly, I was floored that they came out edible. I was always intimidated by baking because its so precise. Baking fear defeated? Haha.

Love,
Midge

6 comments:

Kerri Heritage said...

I'm terrible at being precise with my baking, I'm a bit haphazard and I haven't had too many disasters! Watching a movie on a pier sounds awesome!

Ellie Marie said...

That ikea hack herb garden looks great!
And sweet, I used to be so intimidated of baking cookies. I'd always over bake them because I was afraid of under baking them, but then I made some lemon thins this year and they turned out great since I actually took them out on time.

marisa said...

I love your home

Becky Bedbug said...

I'd love to see a post dedicated to those signs!

Kathy Crowley Belickis said...

Wow, you're busy! Love Herb Garden!

Delores Harshaw said...

Showing movies on a pier sounds like so much fun, I've gotta check it out. & I love what you did with the herb garden, it looks lovely.